Brony Bassists Club

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassofthe, Mar 26, 2012.

1. SassyS

SassyS

Jul 24, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Pinkie's antics were cute and funny (as usual), and the movie references were a great touch. I thought I would be able to predict the end of the episode from reading the synopsis, but I was way off.

2. Plucky The Bassist

Plucky The Bassist ZOMG! I'm back from the dead!

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    RIF-Logo-blue.gif

3. BoomingBass

BoomingBass

Apr 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

4. Yup, sounds about right, lol.

5. Plucky The Bassist

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    LOL...my sister is gonna throw a fit this saturday then :rolleyes:

6. BoomingBass

BoomingBass

Apr 11, 2010
    After seeing MLP-dedicated music on YouTube, I've decided to try it myself. I'm a very amateur composer, but I see it as an opportunity to hone my skills as I learn more and more theory. I will be mostly writing classical, but I'm sure I'll make some of my "metal" songs. (I'm really not sure how "metal" they are)
    Any tips on software and things for realistic playback? I've been using Guitar Pro for songs with guitar, and MuseScore for other things.

7. SassyS

SassyS

Jul 24, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Then, the wait for Season 3 begins! :hyper:

8. Plucky The Bassist

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    So are you asking about something to help you compose/compile a musical score from tabs/sheet music and play it all back in a realistic arrangement? I've heard of being able to export a guitar pro file to midi and plugging that into Garageband or Reaper to generate a midi sequence for whatever instrument you pin the arrangement to. I don't understand it fully, but my guitarist was talking about doing this as a solution to our "minus a drummer" issue that our band is currently plagued with.

How is MuseScore? Guitar pro isn't bad, but I'd prefer something with more realistic strings and brass than guitar pro has to offer.

9. BoomingBass

BoomingBass

Apr 11, 2010
    I think something like that is what I'm looking for.

I can't really compare MuseScore to anything because I haven't tried much. According to the internet, it is the best free notation software. I've also looked at cheaper versions of Finale, but they restrict you on some features.

10. Plucky The Bassist

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I'm trying to check out virtual instrument software like Garageband does so I can use it with my PC. I plan on getting a midi keyboard and USB drumset sometime after I graduate from college....

....and a Fender Bassman 100T as well ;)

11. "Brony"? Sounds related to the Bronx or something. Sorry, but I'm totally unfamiliar with the term.

12. BoomingBass

BoomingBass

Apr 11, 2010
    After upgrading the SoundFont on MuseScore, I believe it will suffice for quality.

Also, for my current purposes the idea not being dependent on real instruments is appealing. I may be asking the wrong crowd, but does anypony know anything about producing electronic music?

13. bassofthe

bassofthe

Jun 5, 2011
    Not much, but I'm interested in learning.

14. dozicusmaximus

dozicusmaximus

Mar 18, 2009
    Austin, TX
    I'm about to start playing around with Ableton. I used to make some crap with Reason. Never made any tracks just twiddled knobs and made drum loops.

By the way, I'm on ep. 12 on season 1. Really liking this show :) I guess I'm a Brony... haha

15. Plucky The Bassist

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Welcome aboard...Bassofthe will get you a number if you want to represent like the rest of us

4-strings! Pinkie is a bassist too!!

Attached Files:

16. How many of you gig regularly?

17. Not I. Can't seem to find my way into a band that I really dig. Then again, I'm not looking very hard either.

18. BoomingBass

BoomingBass

Apr 11, 2010
    I'm just a high school student trying to maintain my straight A's. These days, I devote pretty much all my spare time into double bass. I do, however, play electric bass at church every other week.

19. Plucky The Bassist

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I had a spot playing for a church group a year or so ago before I decided to go back and finish college sooner than later. I'm currently in a band, but we aren't going to start gigging regularly until I can get my job and mortgage on schedule after college graduation and our guitarist gets married this coming February (I graduate in December).

Why do you ask?

20. BoomingBass

BoomingBass

Apr 11, 2010
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQL3qUHUhq_tkvFtNhKLxYHnPNdukaYafTEGwu2HLsQIChKMYKh.jpg

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 25, 2021