Building a New Rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CjCorey, Jan 26, 2009.

1. CjCorey

CjCorey

Jan 26, 2009
    Hello everyone. I am building a new Bass rig this year but am having a hard time deciding between a few different pieces and how I should set them up. I have my Rack all picked out, and everything looks great, but the idea for the way Id like to set it up is a bit complicated and I am not sure if it will work properly.
    The idea is a Preamp-Power amp configuration with an added effects preamp within the rack. The specific Pieces i'm looking at are the Eden WP-100 Navigator Preamp, a Line6 Bass PODXT pro effects processor, and a QSC RMX2450 powering the whole thing. There are a few more bell-and-whistle pieces in there as well but the ones i listed are the only ones that Id like some advice on.

What I am looking to do is set it up so that I can have the effected signal blend with the unprocessed signal and have them both come to the power amp simultaneously. That way I could turn down the effected signal with the foot controller on the Line 6, but still have the dry signal pumping through my cabs. I also want to get a Master Volume pedal in there to swell the whole rig up or down however i choose, unprocessed and processed. Is this possible without having a cable-setup nightmare every night? Ill be running a rack tuner and Id like that signal to remain uneffected by these pedals.

Lastly I am having a battle with myself over going budget cabs or getting the real deals. The budget cabs in this particular scenario are an Avatar NEO410 and a NEO212 on the bottom. The "real deal" would be an Eden 410XLT on top and a 215XLT on the bottom. Should I pinch my pennies with the avatars or splurge (and save for awhile longer) for the Edens. What do you guys think?

2. CjCorey

CjCorey

Jan 26, 2009
    bump.

3. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Canada
    Why not use the Line 6 as your preamp?
    Buy the Edens, get used if you can

4. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    Hmmm... that'd be a nice rig I gotta say...

I'd use the Eden for a pre, if I could.
    You could get away with holding off on the Eden Pre, and get those cabs now.

5. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    +1 on the buy used comment. In these economic slump times, great deals on used gear will become the norm.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021