1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

buying internationaly, what can i do?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 60's Bluesman, May 5, 2010.

1. 60's Bluesman

60's Bluesman

Feb 7, 2010
    Michigan
    well i think i got screwed over,:mad:

i found a tab book, it was exactly what i was looking for and resonalbly priced but it was in england. i couldnt find this book anywhere stateside so i ordered it anyways, i paid like £18 including shipping for this book...that was march 20, arival date here in michigan was between april 7-14 and it still hasnt showed up, no emails, no calls nothing. i emailed them last night and there supposed to respond the same day, well nothing still, so about a hour ago i make a international call over there (dollar a min) and a recording says they are closed even though it was 4:30pm over there and they are supposedly open til 5pm on weekdays, as i said earlier i think i have been screwed.

this website looks very legit so i doubt it was a scam

what can i do to try to get my damn book or maybe my money back? ive ordered from the uk two other times and there was no problem.

any advice would be just great

2. Mortiis

Mortiis Banned

Apr 24, 2010
    UK
    What website was it?

3. 60's Bluesman

60's Bluesman

Feb 7, 2010
    Michigan
    musicroom.com

4. 60's Bluesman

60's Bluesman

Feb 7, 2010
    Michigan
    up, i need some help here TBers

5. What book was it?

I'll email and enquire and let you know if they get back to me.

Also, please remember that anything involving a plane has been pretty royaly messed up recently with the volcano and whatnot (heck, airports were closed again today).

So there will have been a big airmail back log.

Not that that doesnt mean he shouldnt reply to your emails, and your package should have been through to you before the volcano kicked off, but who knows?

6. 60's Bluesman

60's Bluesman

Feb 7, 2010
    Michigan
    well it showed up tonight haha thats some crazy timing

7. Mortiis

Mortiis Banned

Apr 24, 2010
    UK
    Huzzah!

It was probably, as mohawk said, volcano related.

8. Good to see it turned out ok :)

9. Randall

Randall

Aug 6, 2009
    Canada.
    Was it all covered in ash dust?:bag:

10. 60's Bluesman

60's Bluesman

Feb 7, 2010
    Michigan
    lol, the box it came in was trashed tho