1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cab dimensions.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by insomniac2295, Apr 13, 2009.

1. I've searched for it, but I cant find WinISD for mac(which I would need to solve this problem).

I'm looking to figure out the cabinet dimensions I would need to make a ported cab for an EV EVX180B. Could anyone help me out? Perhaps someone could enter in the speaker specs into WinISD on their computer for me and let me know what comes up?

2. anyone?

3. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    You can run WinISD from Virtual PC or Parallels. If you don't have either just run the application from the website. Runs fine in Safari. This is coming from a MacBook Pro (Intel). If you have an Intel Mac you can run Window natively.

Paul

4. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

Crossover is a cheap way to run most Win programs. I was able to run WinISD on my MB Pro, though I didn't know how to use the program. www.codeweavers.com

It's cheaper because you don't run full Windows (and thus don't have to buy a copy).

5. synaesthesia

synaesthesia

Apr 13, 2004
    UK
    WinISD has not been ported to the Mac so you'd have to heed the above advice in running a windows cloak of some sort or using windows somewhere else. The last Mac speaker software i have is Macspeakerz which is quite dated but still useable though not a full featured as programmes which have now surpassed it for plots and such. It allows you to calculate your basic ports etc. For what you propose to do, Macspeakerz will get you there, mostly.

6. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Winisd alpha doesn't even run great in vista =P have to manually kill the process to get it to close.

7. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago