1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can I do this at 48 years old ?

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Let's Dance, May 8, 2015.

1. Let's Dance

Let's Dance

May 8, 2015
    I think the answer is yes I can. Ever since high school I had a 6 string or a bass. Learned some basics and jammed a little with friends but never worked to become a musician. Hoping to embrace bass for what it is all about and be a student and learner. So many great websites like how to play bass guitar dot com and YouTube. Anyway - thought it would be cool to make friends on this site to share the journey !!!

2. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    It's only too late when you ain't breathing anymore.
    Do it now.

3. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    Right on, man. I am largely self-taught. Sounds like you are willing to put in the effort, which is what it takes.

4. Never too old to start. The kids do pick it up quicker. But, they normally wake up in a new World every day. Stay focused and start with your major scale. Why? I know of no instrument that does not have you running your scales right at first. Why? So your fingers learn where the notes are on your instrument.

This string has some pretty good "get started stuff" How to get started? | TalkBass.com

Welcome and remember stay focused and take little bites.