1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Can't wait till new EHX Super Ego+ be available...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Driven Crane, Sep 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014

torza, Brio, Mr. voodoobass and 11 others like this.
  2. stambroker

stambroker Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2011
    NoVA
    That Radiohead cover at the end is the best thing that's been in an effects demo. Seems like an awesome upgrade! I just wish they reversed the send/receive locations

3. warrplayer

warrplayer

Apr 16, 2008
    Charlotte, NC
    This sounds like a huge improvement over the original (which was no slouch).

4. Being and Bass

Being and Bass

Apr 9, 2017
    Canada
    I have already started squirreling money away for it. They even priced it properly. EHX has been knocking it out of the park recently.

5. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

Noooooooo! I thought I was done for a while. Silly me. I may have to develope a third leg to handle all the buttons and EXP pedal. Oh, wait a minute...

6. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Another in a line of fantastically awesome pedals I would have zero clue what to use it on :D

7. J.D. Detroit

J.D. Detroit

Nov 12, 2015
    Detroit
    I would have zero use for it, but boy could I waste a bunch of hours playing around with it.

8. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I can only hope that when we finally get our hands on this, we can say "EHX nailed it!"

BrentSimons likes this.
  9. warrplayer

warrplayer

Apr 16, 2008
    Charlotte, NC
    Originals. ;)

Spacehead_ and torza like this.
  10. z009

z009 Bassist of your favorite punk band, Royal Oaks!

Jan 25, 2014
    CT
    i use one of the originals on guitar and its so so so so sick

royaloaksct.bandcamp.com it consistently drones on the track goldfish if you're interested in how it sounds in the mix

11. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Even in my original band I don't think I have a use for it.

12. chumbo73

chumbo73

Nov 8, 2012
    Looks so good, even for processing drum machines or synths.

What's the price?

13. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Looks like $250 from what I'm seeing.

Driven Crane likes this.
  14. Being and Bass

Being and Bass

Apr 9, 2017
    Canada
    EHX confirmed a $250USD street price and shipping next week. Which is just amazing: the regular Superego comes in at $210USD.

gregmon79 and Driven Crane like this.
  15. Proton Lenny

Proton Lenny Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Portland Oregon
    And as usual, wish it had presets! So many amazing sounds, but I can only access one at a time. Guess I'll just have to keep holding out for the HOG 3, which will probably never happen.

16. Being and Bass

Being and Bass

Apr 9, 2017
    Canada
    It actually has a preset for EVERY effect.

I have the HOG2 as well, but this might end up replacing it for most things.

17. Proton Lenny

Proton Lenny Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Portland Oregon
    I saw that, but you still have to select the effect manually right? And what if you want two presets on one effect? Can it do that? I need to research it more.

18. Being and Bass

Being and Bass

Apr 9, 2017
    Canada
    EHX.com | Superego+ - Instructions | Electro-Harmonix

You can have two presets per effect and sweep between them, but can't switch the effect itself without using the knob. If you got good with it, you could probably quickly switch between effects using your foot and the knob, but it wouldn't be ideal.

So it can work, but not nearly with the amount of control of the HOG2 footswitch or midi controller. However, with the effects loop built in you will get a different kind of versatility than the HOG2.

Proton Lenny likes this.
  19. JeffC23

JeffC23

Aug 1, 2017
    Ohio
    I think this pedal is one I would have to try before I bought one. If it works as good as the demo, I will search high and low for a song to use it in. I'm going to start saving now, just in case.

20. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    That is the only downside to the EHX pedals, lack of on-the-fly switchability.
    I really like what EHX is doing especially with the "9" series and their pitch/filter pedals but having to manually switch and adjust settings makes using them live difficult. This is IMO a serious flaw with the "9" pedals implementation, basically synth modules without switchable presets/scenes.

JeffC23 likes this.