Carvin deluxe questions

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by pataspeladas, Mar 29, 2020.

1. pataspeladas

pataspeladas

Mar 28, 2020
    hi! im from chile, hopping you get safe form the virus heres my question

im abot to buy a carvin deluxe bass
    anyone know where i can find the specification and if its worth to buy and make him a restoration?
    i wonder if anyone have the experience with this tipe of basses and the sound i should expect to have?
    i think its no to make a professional sound but close enough?

Attached Files:

2. Interesting it looks like its loaded with some older dimarzio pickups and im not sure about the electronics id snag it and get some new strings in there and it should be a pretty nice sounding jazz bass.

pataspeladas likes this.
  3. That's not a Carvin. It looks like a Jazz bass with a fake Carvin logo on the headstock. But it's for sure not a Carvin.

BnB

SlingBlader and pataspeladas like this.
  4. OpposableThumbs

OpposableThumbs Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2019
    The Carvin logo looks wrong. If the bass plays great then it might be worth owning, but definitely don't pay Cavin prices for it.

5. Beej

Beej

Feb 10, 2007
    Vancouver Island
    Strange that anyone would bother to fake a Carvin... Here's their "history" database: The Carvin Museum - Yearly Data Matrix Unless it was made between 2007 and now, it's probably not a Carvin. :D (the newest basses on the page were made in 2007).

6. Carvin has never used that shape for a headstock...

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021