Carvin (Kiesel) help: SB5000 vs Vanquish V59K

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DrPieZon, Apr 4, 2017.

1. DrPieZon

DrPieZon

Nov 16, 2007
    Nashua, NH
    Can anyone compare and contrast these basses? Especially the neck dimensions and feel. Both basses have single coil pickups, similar (if not the same) electronics, ash bodies. Do they sound the same? Any input greatly appreciated!

2. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Late to the party but I owned one and played the other. The SB5000 sounded and played great. Felt like a Jazz bass.

The V59K while I think it looks goofy played and sounded like a true custom made bass to me. Been gassing for one ever since. The example I played (at a jam for a few hours) was heavy, probably around 10 lbs but man it played and sounded great. Seemed like it did everything right too.

So I personally would go for the V59K. The SB5000 is a fine bass. The V59K seemed like a truly outstanding bass.

3. DrPieZon

DrPieZon

Nov 16, 2007
    Nashua, NH
    Thanks for the feedback. Can you speak to any differences in the necks? My preferences is for a pretty thin (front-to-back) neck. Is there much of a difference there?

4. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    You're welcome. I believe the V59K is just a hair thinner front to back than most other Carvins. I didn't do a side by side comparison but really I think either would be comfortable for you. Carvin does a great job making a very comfortable neck IMO.

DrPieZon likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 26, 2022