1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carvin R1000 effects loop

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lobey, Mar 1, 2008.

1. I've done some research, and still have don't have a solid answer or idea.

Would it be safe/acceptable to run an Ampeg B25 through my effects loop of my Carvin R1000? The Ampeg B25 has an external amp out jack. I've tried this out with my Behringer combo and have no had any problems. It made the Behringer sound good. I've also used the external amp out jack on the Ampeg B25 to record directly to my computer's sound card without an issue.

I assume it would be kind of like having a tube pre-amp if I'm correct.

Am I just crazy or is this a feasible idea? I've been curious lately, and now that I've got all my gear home (my band split this weekend) and was hoping for some insight from anyone who knows better.

Thanks!

2. It should not harm it at all.

I used to use a different pre-amp into the effects loop return, and it sounded great.

3. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Make sure you have a load on the B-25.

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yes, but if you run it in the complete loop (loop send --> Ampeg --> loop return) then you have two preamps in series, which gets noisy fast. If you just want the Ampeg preamp section for tone, then bypass the Carvin preamp by going:

bass --> Ampeg --> Carvin loop return

And you do need a load on the Ampeg, but whether the one you linked would work, I don't know.

5. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
  6. Thanks for the help fellas. Much appreciated. I'm glad I just got a new job with a better pay rate.

Once again, talkbass to the rescue!