1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Carvin RL410 for five string

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by NormM, Sep 27, 2009.

1. NormM

NormM

Jun 26, 2009
    I am using a Carvin R1000 with a RL410 cabinet that is working well now with my four string Jazz. I am probably going to get a five string soon.
    Does anyone have experience with this cabinet (or ones like it) used with a five string? I play in a large hall often, which tends to soak up the low end, actually. Do you expect I will have trouble with this?
    (If so, I may consider converting my 118 cab to a 15/6 set up. I'd rather not have to replace all four ten's in the RL410, plus I really don't want to use two cabs.)

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Why not wait till you've got your 5 string, and see how it goes. No sense in making problems that don't yet exist, and maybe never will. If your 410 won't handle a low B, (which is doubtful), then you'll have a problem to solve.

3. NormM

NormM

Jun 26, 2009
    Makes sense - probably how it's going to go... We'll see how it goes; likely just a case of GAS trying to flare up again.

4. I used my 7 on the same cab it rocked
    love carvin cabs

5. mgood

mgood

Sep 29, 2001
    Levelland, Texas
    The RL410T is a good cabinet by itself.
    But it was designed as the top half of a biamped system.
    To really get the fundamental of the low B on a five-string, I'd want a fifteen or an eighteen under it.