Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Celinder comes through

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by basses55, Feb 17, 2004.

1. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing Artist: Alleva Coppolo
    Well, I wouldent feel right unless this thread was posted-

After a recent positive turnaround in communication and committment from Celinder I finally received this fantastic bass from the shop last week. It's an Update 5 with an aged- tinted ash body, an asymeterical neck shape, slightly smaller nut width and a hipshot bridge. Other than that is has the same specs as you can find on the site.
    The bass is impeccable with a level of construction quality and attention to detail in the design that is first rate IMO. It playes beautifully with low action and no fret buzz and has a silky smooth finish that feels wonderful to play- the sound is like a great 70's ash/maple Jazz with more range and versatility. The B is a natural sounding/feeling extension of the bass. The low mid on the bass has alot of growl and the overall tone is huge.
    Over the last month Chris has been great to deal with- everything he said he'd do has come through like promised, and, he has been right on top of his customer service for my order...I just wanted to make sure that people knew of the happy ending also.

It's a great bass and I'm very happy to own/play it.

Here are a few pics he took before he sent me the bass:

2. GAS ALERT! GAS ALERT! :eek: :eek: :eek:

3. Prahainspring

Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    Niceness! It looks like it can kick some major booty! :)

4. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

Hey great to hear, now if he would just come through on my bass.. It originally was to be done Oct/Nov, then he said realistically January.. Okay no problem, but now it's the middle of February and it's suppose to be here this week and I know for certain it's not finished...

5. SCT1422

Also this is the 3rd one I've ordered from him and it's getting worse each time... I was thinking of getting an Update 5 with blocks and binding too, but I'll wait till someone has one in stock...

6. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    Congrats.

7. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    I must say that those basses look worth waiting for! :hyper:

8. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Thaks guys-ya, its been a while but it was worth waiting for.

I forgot to add that it also has a great classic look in person to go with the tone .

SCT- He's been very responsive recently and focused on getting the bass to me....maby give him a call.

Made a few minor pup adjustments and tried the Celinder bridge - the thing is even better now then when I posted...major booty/growl goin on here....

9. SCT1422

I have been calling and e-mailing him, but no response to my messages.. We did speak about 2 weeks ago and I had a final commitment for the middle of this month.. The guy builds great basses and I love the three I own, but I would appreciate better responses especially when dealing with a high end instrument... :meh:

10. SCT1422

:hyper: Hey guys, I just received a couple of e-mails from Chris tonight over final details on this bass.. I may have some shop pics tomorrow and hopefully have it in my hands soon... I'm really looking forward to this one !!! :hyper:

11. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto

:bassist:

12. SCT1422

Hey guys and gals... I received a shop pic and it looks great so far..
    I'm unable to put the photo up though, I can't seem to download it from Hotmail... They're hoping to ship it this week and I'll put some photos up when it arrives... Steve...

13. SCT1422

Believe it or not, I'm still waiting.. Now there's problems with the headstock.. :mad:

14. SCT1422

Still waiting to hear if the headstock issue has been taken care of.. I was told I'd be kept informed and so far nothing... :mad:

15. SCT1422

Well, I finally have a pic of the completed bass and it looks great.. I was hoping to have it this weekend for this really cool gig I have tonight, but there was a nick on the headstock that had to be fixed.. It was suppose to be shipped today and I'm waiting for the tracking numbers.. :ninja:

16. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    How long does it take to be shipped from Denmark? How do they go about fixing a dent or nick in the headstock?

17. SCT1422

It takes a couple of days for shipping... The nick was in the paint, it's a matching finished headstock and I guess they were able to fix it.. Steve....

18. SCT1422

Well I was told it was all set to go late last week and it would ship Sat. or today, but no shipping info or return calls or e-mail yet..
    I'm so friggen pissed off right now that I just want my money back... :mad:

19. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    Not the first time I've heard of customer service problems with them. I'd get the money back because you're getting the runaround for so long. No matter how good a product is, if they don't have the customer service to back up the product, it's not a good product and I wouldn't buy anything from any company like that.

20. I sure agree. It always amazes me that people will put up with that crap when they can buy a J from Sad, Lull or 10,688,329 other builders.