1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Check out my sound samples

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Crystalman85, Apr 28, 2010.

1. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    +2

2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Thanks you, Dazonbass. it's nice to know some people who appreciates what I'm doing on this thread.

3. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Thank you for backing me up on this one. some people don't seem to appreciate sound samples on certain multi-effects processors. some of them expected talent. what I do on this thread isn't about talent. it's all about sound quality on certain multi-effects processors. and that's the purpose of this thread. to give people an idea on how certain multi-effects processors sound. and it certainly helps a lot of people who are wondering about the sound quality of certain multi-effects processors.

4. .
    I'm looking to buy a BP355 in the near future myself.
    This sound sample link is just what I need to get a better feel for the sounds the unit can produce on top of the few currently on YouTube.
    Thank you!

To be honest its mainly the overdrive and looping side of the BP355 that's swaying me that way so my comments are mainly aimed at the overdrive/distortion sounds you have happening there.

Comments I love your "Tube Overdrive", the first patches of "Bass Distortion" and "Bass Overdrive".

"Metal Distortion" is awesome! It sounds almost like you have a guitarist playing along with you, as does "Bass Rectifier" and I can see myself using something similar if I get together with my drummer mate and play as a duo, hopefully sounding something along the lines of "Death From Above 1979".

I also like your "Large Pie" but IMHO it needs more compression.

"Gritty" is real nice too!

Thanks again for the effort and link!

(BTW, Do you let your settings out to eager bass effecters? If I end up scoring a BP355 I'd be keen to look at some of your patch settings if possible. :) )

Greg

5. PDGood

PDGood Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    That's a very interesting idea and you've obviously done a lot of work to put it all together.
    When I read "samples" on the subject line I was thinking of notes that could be triggered in a sampler (see attached). But I see now that what you're doing it demonstrating a variety of effects with sound bites.
    The only suggestion I'd make is there doesn't seem to be much bottom end for some reason - maybe it's the effects, but the clean sound doesn't have much either. Still - there's plenty enough info there to get an idea of what the effects do and their manufacturers should thank you.

Attached Files:

6. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    @Ozzygreg Thanks for the compliments...glad you'd enjoyed many of my sound samples. metal distortion is modeled after the boss mt-2 metal zone distortion pedal. although it does sound like there's a guitarist beneath the bass, I think metal distortion is more suitable for bass solos. large pie is modeled after the electro-harmonix big muff pie. I actually got the name from one of the distortion channels the original line 6 bass pod. the large pie distortion model is modeled after an electro-harmonix big muff pi. I didn't use any compression when I made the sound sample. and I would agree that the bass rectifier sound samples does sounds like you can play death from above1979 tunes. and to answer you last question, I've actually started a thread on patch ideas for the digitech bp355. and I was thinking about starting another thread like that with the deltalab dbfx1. here's the link to the digitech bp355 patch ideas thread. hopefully these patch ideas on this thread would help you out.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f36/digitech-bp355-patch-ideas-746947/

7. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    @PDGood Indeed I have done a lot of work on this thread. I've started this thread to give fellow talkbass members an idea on how certain multi-effects processors sound. even though some of them has similar effects and sound quality, some of them has their own style of certain effects. with the sound samples I've recorded, talkbass members can get a chance to hear how certain multi-effects processors sound and they can choose what multi-effects processors is right for them. some patches on some multi-effects processors does seem to loose some bottom. usually it's because of some effects. and some clean patches does seems to lose some lows also. probably because there's a lot of highs. and yeah, manufacturers should thank me for helping out fellow talkbass members on how certain multi-effects processors sounds. in case you're wondering, it was talkbass member mysticboo who inspire me to start a soundclick website on how certain multi-effects processors sound. I totally dig the sound samples he's done with certain effects pedals. I figure if there are soundclick website on how certain stomp boxes sound, why not start a soundclick website on how certain multi-effects processors sound. anywho, thanks for check out my thread.

8. .
    Crystalman,

You're a legend!

(This is an Australian slang way of saying: Well done!)

Thanks a million!

Greg

9. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Anytime, dude.

10. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I've recently uploaded new sound samples of the deltalab dbfx1. feel free to check it out.

11. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Recent update. I have posted some new sound samples of the deltalab dbfx1 on my soundclick website. feel free to check it out. also I will be purchasing a zoom b3 and I will be recording sound samples of it real soon.

12. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Recent update...I've recently purchased a zoom b3 and it sounds phenomenal. I have posted sound samples of the zoom b3 along with some more sound samples of the deltalab dbfx1. feel free to check it out. more sound samples of the zoom b3 will be posted soon.

13. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I've recently recorded new sound samples of the zoom b3. more sound samples will be recorded soon. also I plan to get a vox stomplab 1b bass multi-effects processor. I have been wondering about this multi-effect processor for a while and I've been thinking about buying one sometime soon. once I purchase one, I will be recording sound samples of it. in the meantime, feel free to check out my new sound samples of the zoom b3.

www.soundclick.com/crystalman85

14. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I've recently posted more sound samples of the zoom b3 on my soundclick website and as of now, I have a total of 200 sound samples of the multi-effects processors I've previously owned on my soundclick website. here's the link.

www.soudnclick.com/crystalman85

Feel free to check it out. also based on popular request, I will be posing new patch ideas on the digtech bp355 and I will be posting more sound samples of the digitech bp355. here's the link to the digitech bp355 patch ideas thread. if you own a digitech bp355 and needed some nifty patch ideas, visit this link.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f36/digitech-bp355-patch-ideas-746947/

Feel free to check it out and more patch ideas of the digitech bp355 will be posted real soon. I've also started a patch ideas thread on the zoom b3. if you own a zoom b3 and needed some nifty patch ideas, visit this link.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f36/zoom-b3-patch-ideas-918990/

15. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    It's been a while since I've recorded some sound samples, but I have recently recorded some new sound samples of the zoom b3. check it out.

www.soundclick.com/crystalman85

16. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.