Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Church Bassist Needed

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by crabo, Aug 2, 2004.

1. crabo

crabo

Aug 2, 2004
    A friend of mine is needing a bassist for this Sunday. They are also looking for a permanent player. It is not a paying gig. The contact is Danny Tamez at 972-463-9727. I haven't heard the band, but he is quite talented.

Thanks,

Crabo

2. you should list the location

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Sounds like the Dallas area. What kind of music, and what time Sunday?

4. freakbass

freakbass "Pile-drivingly Heavy" since 1983

I'm interested, but I'll be needing a little more information than that. Location, denomination, etc...

5. Super20

Super20

Aug 2, 2004
    Thanks for your interest here are the details:

Rowlett Texas - suburb of Dallas on the north east side

Denomination and church:
    Genesis church - We are a young church we are renting a building and have been there for about a year and have about 100 or so including kids. We are loosely affiliated with the Baptist Missionary Association but for all intents and purposes we are a non denomination Bible church. We are evangelical, premil, dispensational,- pretty typical of most conservative evangelical churches. We are not charismatic in the sense of the sign gifts (healing, speaking in tongues...) but we do love to sing, raise our hands to the Lord, clap and get excited about our Lord in worship.

Music:
    Pretty typical of contemporary churches (I think) we do a lot of Paul BaLoche, Matt Redman, Hillsongs, Tommy Walker and stuff like that. We just lost our keyboard player when he had to take another job so we are down to a trio at present (guitar, bass and drums). The current bassist actually goes to another church but has been helping me out for a while since he's a friend but is a bit rusty with his playing and is open to the possibility of another bassist replacing him.

This is a great church. We are vey committed to each other and to reacing our community. We are all really excited about our future.

If you would like more info, please let me know. A good bass player makes such a difference and it would be great if we could get someone for this weekend or even more often than that if it turns out to be a win win situation.

Thanks in advance,

Danny

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That sounds like my kinda church.. but unfortunately I'm in Waco.

brad cook

7. freakbass

freakbass "Pile-drivingly Heavy" since 1983

Sounds good to me too, but rowlett is a little far...

8. embellisher

What time is your service on Sundays? I am already committed to another church for 2 services, but might be able to fill in occasionally until you get a permanent player. And what day/time do you rehearse?

9. Super20

Super20

Aug 2, 2004
    We rehearse Sunday monring from 8:30 to 9:30

The service is at 10 and the music usually goes to somewhere near 10:35.

That would be awesome if you could help us out but it also sounds like you've got a really tight schedule...

DT

10. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    phew, I thought something had happened to Steve Kilbey!

11. embellisher

Yeah, I can't do it. My services are at 10:15 and 6:00. Thanks for the info, wish I was available to help!