CIJ colors

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Youngspanion, Oct 24, 2005.

1. I'm trying to get a good idea of what the Japanese Fenders look like in Vintage white. The Ishibashi web site is poor. There are a few other Japanese internet companys that we can deal with so I've been on their web sites. is one and it shows vintage white to be pretty white. Not yellowish like Fender USA. Does any one own a japanese fender with a vintage white finish? I would like to see a picture if you could post it. Or maybe someone could tell me if it is close to the fender usa color chart.

Thanks Alot All
  2. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
    if you don't like "yellowish" then stay away from what they call "OWB" or "Off White Blonde". It's a gorgeous trans mustard blonde that looks amazing. I had a JB75-90US in that colour. Can't help you with vintage white though, sorry.
  3. I'm pretty sure that CIJ Fenders come in Olympic White, on certain models, which is basically white. If it's explicitly listed as Vintage White on the model in question, there must be some difference. Although I can't say how much, I'd assume that there is some degree of yellowing on the finish.
  4. Pan

Pan Lowdown User

Aug 8, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    VWH is not Olympic White. VWH does indeed have yellow in it to give added vintage appearance. The neck also has added yellow in the polyurethane for the same reason. I have a couple of pics I can email you but they don't really show the true colour - 1 is too white and the other not clear enough. They're too big to post too. What's your email?

PS I just looked at that Fender chart . .on my monitor VWH from Ishibashi isn't much like that either. trouble is, you may see a different shade on your monitor of my pics . . . it's nothing like a manilla folder and its sure not plain white either.
  5. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Even over here inthe US, Fender's 'vintage white' is a bit different from model to model. Sometimes it's more of the mustardy 'I've been smoking for thirty years with this bass in my house' white, and sometimes it's just kinda...white.

For example, pics of the Mustang from the 'classic' series are pretty much just white, but it's called 'vintage white'. Whereas the Deluxe (MIM) Active Jazz, while also called 'vintage white', is the yellowy colour.
  6. Pan

Pan Lowdown User

Aug 8, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    I have no idea of USA Fender colour variations I have to say - I only know vintage white from Fender Japan on a fretless jazz reissue. I wouldn't mind betting the Japanese don't vary the shades much tho'. It is a hard one this, as even flash made mine look whiter than it was and the monitor varied it too. All I can say is it was more cream than white - "30 years with a smoker" seems to fit.