1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club Sadowsky!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeBass, Dec 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Robert Darby

Robert Darby Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2018
    I totally agree. I have two 2010s metros I just love.

2. Robert Darby

Robert Darby Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2018
    Nice. You have good taste Chef.

JoshS likes this.
  3. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん

Jun 22, 2007
    MA - RT. 2
    Endorsing Artist: SADOWSKY GENZLER DARKGLASS TEMPLEBOARDS KIRLIN CABLE RIGHTON STRAPS
    Happy Easter Sadowsky Fam!!!

4FBB4479-90FE-4584-9AFC-B9D4A4CE114C.jpeg

Sadowsky, phillipkregg, Jato and 28 others like this.
  4. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Ditto... it's not going anywhere.

Sadowsky, Tim1, R&B and 2 others like this.
  5. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    For those who observe, happy Easter y'all.

At this point, I have a custom NYC on the way, two NYCs in hand, a Japanese ME JJ5, and a Japanese Metroline PJ5. Pretty sure I'll be done when the custom is delivered, but it'll be interesting as time goes on to see what happens with the Sadowsky product line moving forward.

On the one hand, there's definitely a pedigree that must be carried forward, but on the other hand, you have to expect that Warwick is going to want to put their own touches on it too. I've personally always felt that Warwick was a company fully capable of delivering a top quality product, but this is also their first foray into a more traditional Fender-ish design, so it'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

I feel there'll always be people that want the pre-Warwick models, but at the same time, I think there'll be an emerging market that will actually prefer the post-Warwick models, which will probably be the market that carries the product forward at this point.

We'll see. Such interesting times these days.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    Sadowsky, Spidey2112, JoshS and 2 others like this.
  6. JoshS

JoshS

Dec 30, 2018
    Colorado
    I had the opportunity to play with one of the 2020 (Whaleburst) limited and was really impressed at the build. I think these have potential to surpass the MIJ Metros, but we'll see. As such, I theoretically have one on hold if it comes into the local shop. Kind of hoping I like / get, but we'll see. :)

Sadowsky likes this.
  7. R&B

R&B Both kinds of music: Rhythm AND Blues! Supporting Member

8. mmbass21

mmbass21 Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Florida
    I've had this one posted in the classifieds and surprised it hasn't sold so I'm confused on the current market.

For Sale - Sadowsky NYC 2017 Satin Deluxe J

puff father likes this.
  9. ShawnG

ShawnG Supporting Member

May 2, 2020
    Ft Worth, TX
    I am also surprised this bass hasn't sold. Its beautiful and priced very attractively. Be patient, it will sell and someone will get a good deal on a great bass!

Spidey2112 and mmbass21 like this.
  10. mmbass21

mmbass21 Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Florida
    I've certainly dropped the price on it too, someone will be getting a great bass.

puff father, kobass and Spidey2112 like this.
  11. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    giphy(11).gif

puff father, kobass, GregC and 8 others like this.
  12. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    puff father and Spidey2112 like this.
  13. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Spidey2112 likes this.
  14. AngelCrusher

AngelCrusher

Sep 12, 2004
    Mesa Boogie, Tech 21, Taylor
    Been a while since I popped in. I have a NYC Verdine White P/J Satin and this is still my top bass even with an incredibly impressive Wilcock acquisition I made last year.

I used to post about using the Verdine with flats and of course it sounds great. But recently I felt like I wanted to maximize the tone potential and go back to rounds. I was recording with my G&L L2500 with DR Low Riders and was just blown away at how great it sounded.So I got some for my Sadowsky and yeah, these are the best rounds I have played in years. Such a great match for the Sadowsky since I can roll the tone back a bit and it sounds absolutely perfect. Never gets too shrill or harsh sounding even with full tone up.

Did a track for a rock record that needed a pick tone and the tone rolled off a bit with both pickups on gave me one of the best pick tones I have ever laid down. The producer flipped when he heard it, and I was so into the tone that I spent half of my day just jamming on the bass after I was done..lol.

Whats crazy is I have taken this bass to humid states and then dry ones, restrung it quite a few times and have never touched the setup since it left Rogers desk. And it STILL intonates perfectly with the same ideal action it showed up with. That’s simply unreal. The only thing I will say is I always use 45-105 gauge strings so I am sure that consistency helps a bit, but still - Roger makes unreal basses.

15. Dave Hill

Dave Hill Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    But wait...P/J both on sounds terrible... lol

AngelCrusher and kobass like this.
  16. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I keep reading that. There must be something wrong with my main player NYC PJ5. It just sounds amazing blended. Roger must’ve f’d up on mine.

17. phillipkregg

phillipkregg Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    Played my very first German Sadowsky today, and folks... these instruments are no joke.

The bass I played was a 5 string Will Lee model and it was flawless. Amazing build quality and the neck was thin, but substantial and very easy to play. Fretwork was stellar.

I even took a few pics of things I found interesting:

Maybe Warwick is incorporating their adjustable nut technology here? I'm thinking there are screws in those holes that let you raise and lower the nut.

UIj1JS5.jpg

The controls actually feel and look better to me. The older Metros had cheaper knobs and the potentiometers on this German one just feel so smooth and high quality when you turn them. The VTC knob has a much better authoritative "click" when you pull it out and feels more solid than most push/pull knobs. I know it sounds like a weird thing to notice, but those details really stood out to me after owning several Sadowsky basses in the past.

n6VWzmx.jpg

I'm assuming the switches on the back control the frequency of the midrange switch? By the way, this is also the first Will Lee model that I've played, and that midrange switch is super potent. When it's kicked in, you get a huge boost.

RJXU0Gb.jpg

The neck wood was, of course, high quality maple and I dig the subtle "Made in Germany" lettering.

XGeYpk3.jpg

The sound was classic Sadowsky and it was a real pleasure to play.

Hopefully my next Sadowsky will be one of these German Metrolines.

18. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    At the risk of appearing picky, the finish on the machineheads looks rougher than that of my recent Japan Metroline Will Lee which is much smoother.

19. Anybody use the custom order form lately? When I pull it up and build out some options, there aren’t prices for any options at all. Not even the base price for each model.
    I’m finally about ready to get one ordered in the next couple months, but want some time to weigh the different choices!

of course as soon as I submit this comment, I find the downloadable pdf of the price list. But it would still be helpful to have this in order form, and have it add it all up for you.

mmbass21 likes this.
  20. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    I swapped out the tuners on my WL-4.de for US ultralights. It's minor, but I prefer the US Hipshots and you touch those all the time, so...

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021