1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club Sadowsky!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeBass, Dec 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. I don't own a Sadowsky, I've never even had the chance to try one. :crying: Here's my Sadowsky outboard preamp and Sadowsky strap. The preamp does wonders for my passive instruments. The strap is cool too. It was a little long for my needs so I tied a knot in it.

[​IMG][/IMG]

Sorry it's the best I could do. :bawl:

2. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    My trusty Metro. Would prefer a bass with a pickguard. Its not seeing much daylight since the Roscoe invasion but a great bass for getting slap happy.

Attached Files:

bassbrother likes this.
  3. JansenW

JansenW

Nov 14, 2005
    Cambridge, MA
    LOL, looks like you need the Sadowsky product that connects the two together (not speaking of cables).

4. dragonbass

dragonbass Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    ........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder..........................................................
    No Worries...I love that color!:D

Rob

5. dragonbass

dragonbass Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    ........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder..........................................................
    Tom,

I think we should only post pics of the Basses we still have!;)
    And what's with the Alleva's invading this thread!

Rob

6. Glad to join!
    Sadowsky01.jpg

Amano and puff father like this.
  7. Personally, I never travel far from home without my trusty Sadoswky toiletries set :).

I bought it on Ebay and although there was some water damage, which smudged the labels and made them a little tricky to read :meh:, I can certainly vouch for the deodorant spray and the shampoo :). My hair's never been so shiny :D.

Mind you, if I'm honest, the toothpaste tastes pretty bad :( ....

Sadowskykit2.jpg

;)

bass62 likes this.
  8. ... oooh, I was so busy trying hard to be funny, that I forget to mention the free bass guitar, which came with the above kit :hyper: ....

My first and only Sadowsky (Metro) :smug:.

IMG_0259.jpg
    IMG_0256.jpg
    IMG_0267.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg

Wish I'd bought a 4-stringer though :meh:! I still can't get the hang of the low B, but I can't bring myself to re-string it, as the sound of that bottom string is out of this world!

Guess I'll just have to buy another one :D.

puff father likes this.
  9. jazzbo58

jazzbo58 Bassist for My Man Godbey

Apr 21, 2001
    New Orleans, LA USA
    Here's my baby. NYC Vintage Jazz, Alder body, Maple neck and Fingerboard. Controls are Vol, Vol, VTC, Treble/Bass.

4666_full.gif

Awesome basses in this thread!!

Cheers,
    Jim

10. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    MA
    Here's my one and only Sadowsky. I bought it new in 2001. I've played a bunch but haven't had the urge to get another one.
    554010281_b8315992a4_o.jpg

puff father and Gbonus Uralias like this.
  11. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    My desktop,

8dygqx0.jpg

12. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston

LOL! Good one!

Cheers,
    Kevin

13. Thanks! I ordered them from Club Bass in Toronto. Someday I'll go there, they carry Metros.

I know, my floor isn't as nice as Nino's. :)

14. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Yeah, but it sure beats Tombowlus's rug!

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

:bag: :bag: :bag:

j/k Tom!

Merry Christmas, all!

:D

Kevin

15. FbassDave

FbassDave

May 29, 2005
    South Oz
    Here's mine:

m_e92702c0907ee1e09a9a1a1cb69cb9ef.jpg

16. I can't find a pic of the Gold one I have now! LOL! I am having some issues with it since it was in the accident. There is just something wrong about theneck and the playability now....Maybe it is in my head but it doesn't feel the same. I think the insurance company is going to spring for another one...I think it will have to be a special order unless there is a NYC Ultra Vintage looming to come on the instock page...I have my fingers crossed I will come out of it OK.

As far as the Alleva....GREAT bass! I have a 4 string on order that I hope will be my main "60's Jazz". The Sadowsky (for me) has always been a modern interpretation of the Fender vibe. Roger is not really trying to make a better Fender but he is doing a magnificent job of making a more modern version of the standard Jazz bass.....

Peace,

T

17. abngourmet

abngourmet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2004
    USA
    Here's mine, relatively brand new, purchased after a visit to Roger's shop in October, 2007:

Sadowsky2.jpg

I guess I'm both an Alembic and Sadowsky guy now!

Alan

18. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Southern California
    My '59 Burst Metro:

sadpedalsurge001.gif

I'm in the market for another Sadowsky, too....

19. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    I've had several great Sadowsky basses passing through my hands in the last three years; in fact I'd have kept them all if I had a bigger wallet :crying: and a much bigger house :(, but I have decided that I everything I need is a fretted bass, a fretless bass and an upright bass. Last time I checked Sadowsky didn't have any uprights in stock ;), but my fretless is going to be a Sadowsky that I already have on order. Specs are the same for my fretted and fretless Sadowskys:

-Vintage PJ VJ4 (This means that it is routed for both a P and a J pickup on the neck position).
    - Vintage tint solid ash body.
    - Vintage tint maple neck with maple (fretted) and ebony (fretless) fingerboards.
    - 20 fret necks.

By the way, shouldn't we start asigning numbers to the club members and organizing this a little bit? :)

And since this post is really worthless withoput a pic:
    [​IMG]

20. PocketGroove82

PocketGroove82

Oct 18, 2006
    Japan
    I really love my metro, but I think mine is broken because one of the knobs is @@@ backwards and my monster cables make it crack and hiss! LOL.
    Sadowsky1.jpg

:p

Gbonus Uralias likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021