1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club Sadowsky!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeBass, Dec 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Here's my beloved MV5 :)

100_0650.jpg

bassicsax likes this.
  2. :( GAS pains beyond belief!

I'm thinking of building a bonfire out of all of my non-Sadowsky basses and setting light to it, in homage to your sexy black'n'maple Vintage 4, PG82 ;).

This is the Sadowsky that I should have bought. Must either fix my time travel machine, or buy another one :meh:.

Thanks for posting the pic (I think :p).

3. Cool case too! I like the way there's lots of space where the headstock is so the tuners don't get bumped and the instrument will stay in tune (as long as you don't put any accessories there). What kind of case is that?

4. Jeff in TX

Jeff in TX Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Lone Star State
    My Sadowsky Family

Modern 5 Fretted:
    [​IMG]

Modern 5 Fretless
    [​IMG]

Jazz:
    [​IMG]

5. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Count me in!

Here is my NYC made in 1992. #1293. My main gigging bass.
    DSC04286.jpg
    DSC04283.jpg
    DSC04284.jpg

puff father likes this.
  6. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I recognize that one. That bass passed through my hands for a short period of time. Nice bass!

7. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    It's the old style Sadowsky case. I think it was called "modern case". It's a really nice case.

8. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    And its on my couch! That was a great one!

9. Craithius

Craithius

Oct 19, 2007
    Just curious, but what's the approximate price difference between the Metros and NYC?

10. Look what arrived on Christmas Eve!!:hyper:
    Some of you may recognized this bass...I bought it from BigMikeW on TB.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. My Sadowsky that has been my go to bass (with the Alleva) for quite a while now. The cool thing about this one, is that the RW board really has that 'true RW' quality... soft, oily, warm, lot's of grain, ridges, etc. Not sure what the variety is, but it's quite different feeling and sounding to my ears versus the harder Morado type boards that seem to be on most of the alder Sadowsky's that I've played. I likey this one a lot!!!!

sstack.gif

12. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Inactive

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    I miss it already. Take care of her and remember our deal! ;)

Enjoy her Russell. Great bass.

13. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

Ken, I absolutely dig that bass!!! Love that combo. Best looking J bass ever. That is my dream bass. Someday...:cool:

14. Thanks! It's definitely my favorite Sadowsky and spec, and the very red board on my particular bass really looks good to me with the tort guard. As I've posted before, it's one of the few spec's where everything ties together... the red of the tort matches the fretboard, the cream color dots on the board match the Olympic white body, which also matches the 'cream' colored parts of the tort guard. It looks even better in person!!!! It's just a touch over 8 pounds also, so it's just a pleasure to strap on also!

15. Here's my Modern: ash body, ebony fingerboard with abalone dots. It's not perfect (I've got a query in with Roger concerning an Ultra-Vintage 5 that looks a lot like KJung's beautiful Sadowsky) but I love it and I haven't even plugged in any of my other basses since I got it). After 6 months it's still got the protective plastic on it. I know, I know.

-Steve

Sad.jpg

16. kazamamaster

kazamamaster

Sep 15, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    How would you compare the neck on this particular bass to say a Lakland 55-94?

17. 34" scale versus 35"... similar spacing at the bridge, but a 'wider, flatter' feel due a more 'flattened C' neck profile and what feels to me like wider spacing at the nut. I LOVE the Sadowsky neck profile!!! You would have a very easy time going back and forth IMO.... with the Lakland feeling a little 'rounder' and the Sadowsky feeling a little 'flatter/sleeker' but also wider, especially above the 12th fret.

The Sadowsky Moders neck profile is similar, but seems to be flattened a touch more at the nut for an even sleeker, quicker feel

18. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    My pair of Metro UV70's:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Big String

Big String Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    I'm in. #4018
    I bought this one used, then sent it to Roger for a tweak. I've since installed Nordy NJ4 and it's really sweet. All my Pal's love this bass and frequently ask to let them know if I'm going to sell it. short answer...no.

edit: It's Ash and Brazilian Rosewood, Drop-Dtuner, and VTC. Very fat and solid sounding tone.

20. peterpalmieri

peterpalmieri Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    You shouldn't miss my Olympic White JO with that thing! That would seem to be a killer bass.

Pete

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 15, 2021