1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club Sadowsky!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeBass, Dec 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    JEFF! It's very good to see you here at the club meeting!:D

Oh that b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l spalt fretless of yours still gives me goose bumps. :eek:

Here is my 2001 NYC J5. I love this bass and it would be the one bass I would have to have if I had to sell my other basses.

I just got a Metro RV5 which I'm really digging but I haven't gotten photos yet.

Attached Files:

2. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    YOU SIR are NUTS:eek:! What a riot. This made my day:D

3. Big String

Big String Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    Hey Pete...
    Yeah it's Killa for sure... so is your Jo O, special pc. of wood.

4. Jeff in TX

Jeff in TX Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Lone Star State
    Jerry - Great to see you! It's been a while. I don't get over her as often as I used to. Hope all is going well.

Nice to see the great pics of all the Sads!

5. Jeff Rader, you have quite the collection of beautiful Sadowsky basses! Your fretted Modern 5 is incredible, as are the others.

6. Jeff in TX

Jeff in TX Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Lone Star State
    Thanks!! And, thanks to Roger for letting me talk him into using the Buckeye and Spalted tops! :hyper:

They sound and play even better than they look!

7. Jerry J

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Hey Jeff!:hyper:

I think that all the folks that have fancy tops on their Sadowsky's owe a big thanks to Jeff. I'm fairly certain that it was Jeff's urging that convinced Roger to do it. I think that JimS also had a hand it getting Roger to do a spalt top which is the sister to Jeff fretless.

8. youngs

youngs

Apr 7, 2007
    Boston MA
  9. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    The current pricing on the Sadowsky for a UV70 (4) is $2520 USD on the Sadowsky web site.

http://www.sadowsky.com/guitars/metro.html

The morado fretboard is standard. I believe morado is a variant of rosewood, and all of the Metros that are listed as having rosewood fretboards actually have morado boards. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers,
    Kevin

10. Those are some beautiful instruments!!
    I might be in the market for a Sadowsky some day,who knows.What pickup location does Roger use on his 5 string Jazz basses? 60s or 70s?
    The reason I ask is: I own a Moon JB 5 and a Atelier Z 5.Ash w/ Maple.Both of them are supposed to have that Marcus Miller vibe and neither of them quite have it because they have the 60s placement where the bridge pickup is about 1/4" further forward.The Atelier Z ihas the pickup a tiny bit further back than the Moon.
    I've been listening to Marcus too much so I'm still looking for that elusive 5 stringer that sounds like my 74 Jazz.I may never find it.
    Maybe it's time to stop chasing that sound and come to terms with the fact that I have my own sound already (which isn't too bad actually).
    Do you guys go through that also?

11. You can have either 60s or 70s placing. The Metro line (Japanese made) offer the 60s spacing on the standard and vintage series, whilst the 70s spacing is offered on the Ultra Vintage models. Pretty positive that the NYC models can have either 60s or 70s spacing any bass...I reckon the 70s spaced sadowskys with single coils nail the Marcus tone...

12. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    IMG_0050_1.jpg

My MV-5. Better known as "my baby."
    I'll take a better picture soon, I swear.

Gbonus Uralias likes this.
  13. Looks kinda cool without the pickguard. Hope you're putting a tort guard on that one though :D

14. phatbass30

phatbass30

Dec 24, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Groove is in the heart!!!
    guys, your basses are so beautiful! envy, envy envy!!!:hyper:

here's my first sadowsky. MS5 with VTC and BADASS V bridge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. jazzbo58

jazzbo58 Bassist for My Man Godbey

Apr 21, 2001
    New Orleans, LA USA
    Beautiful bass,Phat! I love the sunburst. How do you like the Badass Bridge?

Cheers,
    Jim

16. phatbass30

phatbass30

Dec 24, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Groove is in the heart!!!
    thanks for the compliments, happy to hear that!:)

the badass works like magic! my string tensions are tighter, better bottom and sustain, plus it looks really good! :)

i post a thread before regarding if i should replace my original bridge or not. well, i just did. no regrets at all! i'm very happy!

17. kazamamaster

kazamamaster

Sep 15, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Can someone confirm whether or not RV models have pau ferro fingerboards or rosewood?:confused:

18. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston

RV models have morado boards.

19. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Inactive

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    +1, which is pau ferro

20. The METRO RV models, at least up to this point, use Morado for the fretboards... nice... the feel is similar to maple... hard, smooth, shiny, bright sounding and quick.

For the NYC models, you have numerous choices of RW types or Morado. I have some version of RW on my NYC RV (madagascar or something). It's very grained, red colored, a little oily and has more 'give' and softeness to the feel.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 12, 2021