Club Sadowsky!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeBass, Dec 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Might have to go to CT...I hear they were getting a: P/J Hybrid - Sonic Blue - RW
    Then I'll be done!

2. Ahhhhhh! There she is! This shoreline Gold is mine. She is not only a classy beautiful bass, but plays and sounds fabulous!! I will try and take some pics of her today for you and put them up in this thread....

Peace,

T

3. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    I'm jealous of all those signatures "NahNah Club Member #28" :D :D. I also want to be a number in the best bass club in TalkBass :bag:

:D:D:D

Rob, you sure keep your bench clean. Do you have a use for that headstock or does it belong to one one the first basses that you built? ;)

4. Looks a lot like mine too, ditto on what you said, these guys are hard if not impossible to fault.

5. You have great taste Mr Dave, i would have bought your uv if i hadn't already got the 75 ri. Bad timing uh.

6. That's a real beauty. I agree with you on the Alder/RW with the Sadowsky's. I prefer maple/ash in general, but for some reason, the Alder/RW Sadowsky's seem to bring out the best in the standard HC pickups and pre... still plenty bright and sizzly if you want it, but with no harshness or upper mid 'gank' that I hear in some of the ash/maple models. The difference in the alder/RW models versus the ash/maple is almost like the difference of putting a very high quality tube preamp set flat in between the bass and amp (alder/RW) versus going directly into a SS pre (ash/maple). There's just that touch more warmth and 'character' and smoothness to my ear. IMO and IME!!!!!

Beautiful bass, beautiful rig!!!!

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Done?!?!?! :eek:

HAHA:bag:

8. You beat me to it! LOL

:bag:

Peace,

T

9. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Done because I only have 2K Left this yr to spend on bass gear this year. I have to do a lot of work to my house:crying:

10. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Unless you would like to donate some $$$$ to the SQUIDmeister

11. pedroferreira

pedroferreira

Feb 10, 2003
    Portugal
    Here is mine:

[​IMG]

12. FunkyFrosty

FunkyFrosty

May 28, 2006
    Ontario

I think that Sonic Blue and Tort is my all time favourate color combo and particularly stunning when its a Sadowsky:eek:

13. dragonbass

dragonbass Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    ........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder..........................................................
    Fran,

That "Headstock" is used for a Neck rest for tuner installs, and neck fits. (Not to worry...the top of it has a layer of cork so nothing gets damaged!)

sadowskyUV4015.gif

Here another pic of my Clean bench....always looks like this...What can I say I'm a neat freak! {well..that's putting it nicely :D}

Rob

14. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    OK, I knew it has to have a reason to be there :smug:

By the way, I went through all the posts and this is the list of TBers that want to join the S Club (the numbers just reflect the order in which we posted):
    1 - MikeBass
    2 - AJ Brown
    3 - kobass
    4 - thehurlatron
    5 - dragonbass
    6 - 5stringwonder
    7 - JRBrown
    8 - Nino Valenti
    9 - Alexander
    10 - Jim Carr
    11 - BEADG
    12 - Munjibunga
    13 - Steve
    14 - rob2966
    15 - ric426
    16 - Dan Knowlton
    17 - Chunk-O-Funk
    18 - burk48237
    19 - Marcus
    20 - bikeplate
    21 - ogyen
    22 - grooveguru
    23 - Joeykun
    24 - MAJOR METAL
    25 - tommixx
    26 - albass111
    27 - JansenW
    28 - Drucocu
    29 - Steve Clark
    30 - Rhythm5
    31 - Fender32
    32 - jazzbo58
    33 - KPO2000
    34 - FbassDave
    35 - abngourmet
    36 - HiFi
    37 - frandiaz
    38 - PocketGroove82
    39 - Alistair R
    40 - Jeff Rader
    41 - Baird6869
    42 - JOEY SQUID
    43 - Russell Bergum
    44 - KJung
    45 - steve9000gi
    46 - Dirty Dave
    47 - Big String
    48 - Jerry J
    49 - OpaqueBass
    50 - phatbass30
    51 - bmc
    52 - Sean Baumann
    53 - tombowlus
    54 - Mr_Dave
    55 - mlowe
    56 - pedroferreira

15. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    Shouldn't we have some rules, secret handshake and all that?
    :)

16. dragonbass

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    ........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder..........................................................
    Wow Fran...Got some time on your hands? :D

I think we should get these #'s going once we hear back from MikeBass....If he is to busy to do the numbers...I think It should be up to Fran.

Roger should be #001
    Bikeplate should be #1, and so on....

I'll take #3 if thats cool.

Rob

17. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    dragonbass you keeping that broken headstock for something or is it a guide of some sorts..

:)

Love the clean workbench mine on the other hand is not so clean hahaha

Brett

18. dragonbass

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Brett,

It's actually not a real Headstock...I traced a headstock, cut it out, drilled some holes, apply some cork (so not to scratch anything), done!

All the builders at the shop have one...we use it for when were doing neck fits, and tuner installs (if you look closely at the picture the"headstock" is actually backwards {cork facing out}, so when you drill the tuner screw holes, the head sit's even.

Rob

19. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Yea, #1 would be cool. LOL.

Hey Rob. What is the green piece of junk in the picture of your bench???

Rob

20. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Psh... it came with a tort guard. I think I'm going to put it back on tonight. I took it off because I had a few things that required me to wear all black... I thought the tort threw it off. Not to mention, I really like the way it looks without a pickguard.

Wierd, I know.

On a side note, I think I'm going to be putting a VTC in and getting the preamp wired V/V/T/B, eliminating the blend knob. It just feels more natural to me that way... :meh: We'll see if I actually follow through with it.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021