1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club Sadowsky!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeBass, Dec 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Inactive

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds

Morado is Pau Ferro

Note: Morado & Pau Ferro are trade names for the same wood. Iron Wood in Latin translates to 'Pau Ferro'. Morado is not a true Rosewood. Rosewoods are in the 'Dalbergia' Family.

That is from Ken Smiths site and Roger has said the same thing. As others have too.

2. Correct. Didn't say anything about Pau Ferro... .just two names for the same thing.

3. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Inactive

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    +1 Need coffee. So early.
    Just clarifying for original poster.

4. I know the feeling!

Here's a nice blurb from an exotic wood site on the Madagascar RW that is used on my NYC. It really does have that 'old style' soft, oily rosewood feel that you rarely see any more. The Brazilian rosewood that Carey Nordstrand uses (I think recently cut 'stumpwood'.. since you can't cut and export this wood from traditional sources any more) is also very good and similar to the Madagascar wood. Nice!

There are several varieties of Dabergia baroni, Madagascar Rosewood or Voamboana, milled in Madagascar. The material that we receive for backs and sides is the variety known in wood circles there as “Rio” type – because it can resemble the best figured Brazilian Rosewood in appearance and sound.

This lumber is perfect tonewood for the backs and sides of steel string and classical guitars. Every piece is cut from very straight grain lumber that is entirely quartersawn and has been very well dried. Every side and back piece stays flat and stable, and every piece has incredible, crisp, bell-like tap tones. This wood has all of the best attributes of the old Brazilian Rosewood – brilliant, deep colors (red/orange, red/brown, brown, purple/brown) with intense black line patterning, clear ringing tap tone, easy to bend and work.

Just FYI for those considering an NYC RV model!

5. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    [​IMG]

Here's my sweetheart. I am a very happy bass player.

6. And well you should be! I REALLY wanted this one but just didn't pull the trigger quick enough! She is a real beauty, Congratulations and play her in good health!

Peace,

T

7. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    Here is my baby!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    How did I miss this for so long? :smug:

Here's my entry (for now):

132_3201.jpg

Tom.

P.S.
    I'll be at Winter NAMM this year (thanks again, Roger!!!), so I hope to see some of you there! :)

dremy2006 and Bassist30 like this.
  9. Now THAT is a REALLY nice top!!!

Peace,

T

10. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    Thanks! And this is only a standard top, I didn't pay any upcharges beyond maple top.

11. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    Just sold one of my metros, the sonic blue one... 1 left, which is also for sale, the UV70

[​IMG]

I'm thinking about ordering a NYC Ultra Vintage - i really love the look of shoreline gold with a matching headstock - what you guys think?

[​IMG]

12. Don't stray from the CS 64!!!! Who bought the RV4 mate?

13. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    LOL, i want both man, the CS '64 for vintage goodness and the Sadowsky for the awesome evenness, playability and great recorded sound. Yeah, i want both...

A local guy in Melbourne bought the RV4 - i had it in the shop, for 1 day LOL. Much quicker than the UV70 which still hasn't sold. He has a bunch of cool gear - he's trying to sell a '78 ash/maple jazz at the moment.

14. Hmm vintage goodness, plus evenness (I can't believe that passes spell-check!), playability, and great recorded sound. Sounds like a bass I know, but you know what I'm going to say :D

Hope your funds let you get both dude! The Shoreline gold looks killer, and yes the matching headstock is the magic touch!

15. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    I have owned many Sadowskys, however never an Alder/RW 5 string. This bass is perfect in every way and the tone that I have been searching for. I am now finally at peace w/ myself and the search for "THE" one. Here she is my new #1 bass.
    l_b89443142ddf795f710e5767ed4c700f.png

l_4a8b539184162754fbb896a3b82304af.png

16. dragonbass

dragonbass Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    ........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder..........................................................
    Sean,

Glad to know your still loving the Tiger eye.

On a side note....Damn ,I keep a clean bench!

Rob

17. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    And I bet one of those Italian teas would look better than that Arizona!

18. dragonbass

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    ........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder..........................................................
    Hey Mikebass,

Since this is a Club...Shouldn't we have member numbers? (I think Fran asked about it, but I think it might have gotten overlooked....)

I mean come-on, we can't just be a name...{I am not a number, I'm a free man...Sorry...Iron Maiden reference, couldn't help myself}

Rob

19. dragonbass

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Well..Since you bought it up...I'm still waiting for my case of Tea!

Rob

20. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Both flavors should be here next week. They came out w/ another one but the moron that sells them can't remember the name. Me being a moron myslef I ordered it anyway

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 15, 2021