1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Come Together Funky Style

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mandricus, Oct 24, 2010.

1. mandricus

mandricus

Oct 24, 2010
    Hi guys,
    i would like to know your opinion about a simple funky style improvisation on "Come Together".
    It was a 100% pure Jam session, I had never played with these guys before. I was just there listening while they were playing, then just for fun i took the bass and we started to play that improvisation. Luckily their 8-track digital recorder was running :)
    Song performed by Mandricus (me, on Bass), Drill (Drums), Fuz (Guitar), Bainder (Voice).

To me sounds pretty good, considering that it was absolutely our 1st try.

What do you think about it?

p.s. if you like it, share ;)

2. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    Sounds good dude. We usually funk this one up, too. I got the idea from hearing Tom Jones do it with the tonight show band not long after Leno took over. They were awesome. Wish I could find it on youtube.

We usually funk "Another Brick In the Wall" as well. It lends itself very well to that style.

3. LongHairFreak

LongHairFreak Insert cool nickname? Nobody's given me one yet. Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Twin Cities - MN
    Man, I am diggin' this one. I like it a whole lot. I just threw it off to a friend who is a big time Beatle fan to hear his take.

4. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Agreed. Many Pink Floyd fans would rather die than admit that song was clearly influenced by mid-to-late '70s funk, although I don't see why they think that's a bad thing.