Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Comfortable basses ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fozzy, Feb 20, 2004.

1. fozzy

fozzy

Jun 21, 2001
    Riga, Latvia, EU
    Comfortable basses, that is easy to play ... Ibanez Soundgears an Ergodynes, Warwicks ... what else ... ?? :D
    Peace

2. kmacleish

kmacleish

Nov 19, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Steinbergers.

3. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    warwicks... oh... nevermind :smug:

4. My Warwick Thumb is about as uncomfortable as it gets. The Streamer is much better.

The most comfortable IMO are the Fender "P-Bass body styles" like on my P-Bass and my Yamaha BB seiries.

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    IU dont find P basses uncomfortable but they arent extremely comfortable either. My godin balances really nicely though. Headless basses (ie: steinberger n hohner) are comfortable, because theres hardly anything there! I find spectors comfy too.

6. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Peavey Cirrus,Spector basses.

7. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    My Ken Smith Bsr5mw is the easiest bass to play that I've owned. I recently picked up a Zon Sonus and that is very easy to play also.
    Sanch :cool:

8. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    I had a Pedullae MVP for a while that was light, well balanced, comfortable contour, and fairly fast neck. Nice piece.

===============

"The only Holy Grail that exists in the bass world is not in the bass, it's in the player."

9. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Godin Freeway or BG series, Peavey Fury IV (new ones), Fender Zone (both), Yamaha BB series plus the ones mentioned above.

Dan

10. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    My Conklins are comfortable to play!!

11. Sterlings are pretty comfy basses to play. I am not sure whether I like ash or poplar EB basses more...Ash have less dive, but are heavier...

12. smakbass

smakbass Smakkin basses for 25 years..

Aug 6, 2002
    Vancouver Canada
    Both my Pedulla Rapture J-2000 and Moon Climb 5er are comfortable and balance perfectly I had a Warwick thumb 5 that had neck dive and only balanced when I wore an extra strap I added that went around my waist.

13. I like Jazzes in terms of left hand comfort. Very nice neck. I think a good old P-Bass is the most comfortable on your lap or standing up.

14. Lazlo Panaflex

Lazlo Panaflex

Sep 30, 2003
    Warwicks have to be the all time most uncomfortable basses. The neck is like 3 times bigger than my hand!

For me a MM sterling is probably the easiest/most comfortable bass to play.

15. my GSR is comfortable probably because it's the only bass I played until a couple months ago. I like Stingrays.

16. I agree. I prefer a slender neck, and Warwick necks are too big for my tastes.

17. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I played a Warwick Thumb 5 for ten years, and the word 'comfortable' never entered my mind while playing it. I just got used to it's weight.

My Elrick 5 is amazingly light and just feels great. All the Pedullas I've played have been a joy to wear too.

18. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    One that slipped my mind is the obvious, a Beatle Bass. Has it's limitations but for comfort it's tough to top. The only negative being headstock heavy but it's so light that's irrelevant.

19. my peavey g-bass was probably as good as ive had