Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Congrats to a few bassists

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Viviuos, May 16, 2005.

1. Viviuos

Viviuos

Jul 15, 2004
    Nehawka, Nebraska
    This thread is going to give congrats to a few basses that I saw and liked. All of these bands were at a concert I went to last week. It was the mudvayne show by the way.

American Head Charge - this guy was pretty good. He played finger style so that was a plus. He also used more then the bottom 2 strings. (Its was a 6 string) I give him props for that.

Mudvayne - Even though they sounded muddy on stage (no pun intended) the bass could still be heard. This dude is a little squirrelly; he was jumping around all over the place. But he did hold his bass like it should be, around waist level. Slap, tap, and finger are a good combination for some people and he had it down to near perfection. During the song dig, he would pluck the G string and it could be heard over the guitar rather easily.

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'd like to give Congratulations to Wrong Robot... his shining personality and top notch haircut inspires me.

3. This thread seems a little bit 'pompous' eg 'he had the bass where it is meant to be. What is that supposed to mean? You can have the bass wherever, as long as it's comfortable.

4. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Yeah Mudvayne's bassist is ok I guess.

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    And you know... while we are at it... I'd like to congratulate Freaky Fender for being in one of my favorite Myspace bands.

6. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    There's a difference between comfortable and trying to look cool.

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Mad Props to Smash for being so damn busy musically... also I gotta give it up for Blisshead... because his music is weird and cool.

8. Viviuos

Viviuos

Jul 15, 2004
    Nehawka, Nebraska
    all right. i get the point. So this was perhaps a retarded thread but you could have at least said that and been done.

9. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Lorenzini? Rumzini....are we related??? :confused:

10. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    There's a little difference between what you and what other people might consider to be comfortable.

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Uh... I though you wanted us to congratulate bassists for awesomeness. :eyebrow: