1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Connecting 2 Peavey TKO115 amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Southpaw5, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Southpaw5

Southpaw5

Jul 18, 2009
    Boston
    This may be a dumb idea(I'm a little slow when it comes to amplification) but I have 1 TKO 115(2ooW) that is just not loud enough for even practice with my band. I have the opportunity to buy another for pretty cheap, but the question is: If I connect the 2 with the effects patch will the sound be louder, or just fuller? I definately need a bigger sound because at this point I just get drowned out by the rest of the band and I'm not interested in blowing the amp up(obviously!) looking for more experienced users thoughs and suggestions. Thanks in advance!

2. Not sure quite where you are trying to go but you cannot connect two amps to one cabinet. If two amps are connected to separate speaker cabs ie two combos, then you will get more volume.

Paul

3. why not use an aby box

4. 2 TKO's will definitely be louder than 1.

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Get a stereo fx pedal, or even a tuner with 2 outs, plug your bass to the pedal, and each out into each amps input. Full control of both amps, plus, if it's a stereo chorus, you'll get a cool stereo effect too.

6. Southpaw5

Southpaw5

Jul 18, 2009
    Boston
    OK, to clarify, I was generically using the word amp, each has its own amplifier and speaker. check the attached pic.

Thanks,

Attached Files:

• tko.
      tko.jpg
      File size:
      62.8 KB
      Views:
  7. bass4worship

bass4worship Ready For Freddy, let rock Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Sebring, Florida
    Buy a tuner with dual output, I use the new fender tuner.

8. I use a Radial Big Shot ABY box to run two amps at once. It will split the signal between amp A, amp B, and running both amps at once. It also has a dedicated Tuner line out. All in all, a great pedal that can be had for a good price. I think mine cost about $60.00 new.

Linky: http://www.radialeng.com/re-bigshot-aby.htm

Hope that helps.

9. If your amp has a line out, trying running that to the slave amp's padded input.......did this between a carvin combo and a peavey combo once for an outside gig

10. KrisH

KrisH

Nov 6, 2007
    New Jersey
    I do this with my TKO-80. There are a set of plugs on mine that say "PRE OUT" and "PWR IN". When you plug something into the PWR IN jack, it disconnectes the pre-amp section. When I need extra umpf and push, I take a line out from my Behringer stack and plug it in there. That jack also follows after the master gain control, so it is pure power amp all the way. I once stood about 5 feet in front of my whole setup and hurt myself when I turned it up.

Your TKO-115, according to the Peavey on-line manual, should be wired pretty much the same. When you come out of the PRE OUT jack of the first amp and into the PWR IN jack of the second, it will not bypass the power amp of the first, but will bypass the pre-amp section of the second. It will be like running two power amps from one (the first) pre-amp. It will be louder!

11. Southpaw5

Southpaw5

Jul 18, 2009
    Boston
    Thanks for the advice y'all. I'm probably going to do what KrisH suggested. this seems to be my best option without selling my current TKO(Which isn't out of the question, but I like the control over my tone I get out of it)

12. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

No need to confuse or complicate things..

Stack them ontop of each other... preamp out to the padded input.. then adjust both of them accordingly.. will work easiest with both eqs flat.

Timmy

13. /\ What he said....that way you can control the tone individually.....

14. Southpaw5

Southpaw5

Jul 18, 2009
    Boston
  15. hrgiger

hrgiger

Jan 11, 2009
    The link you posted is for the TNT 115 amp. Is yours a TKO or TNT?

None of the manuals show an external speaker output, lets see a pic of the back of your amp, or one like it so we know what you are talking about.

Here is a manual for one like you pictured above: http://www.peavey.com/assets/literature/manuals/80302261.pdf

16. Southpaw5

Southpaw5

Jul 18, 2009
    Boston
  17. Southpaw5

Southpaw5

Jul 18, 2009
    Boston
    bump

18. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    You can only run a speaker cab from a speaker out, nothing else.

19. hrgiger

hrgiger

Jan 11, 2009
    I just cannot see any sort of ext. speaker output on any of these. Do you see a page in the manuals that show what you are talking about? I only see pre-in, power-out, and headphones... :meh: Are you certain you have a ext. speaker jack?

20. Exploiter8

Exploiter8 Demons run when a good man goes to war

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest
    Commercial FREE!
    I BDDI into an ABY box to the following:

Peavey BASIC 112 w/Mesa-Eminence 4ohm Neo bass speaker, 70watts stacked atop a stock
    Peavey BASIC 112 stacked atop a custom-made LOPO cab w/10" Eminence 8ohm Neo bass speaker for another 70watts for a combined 140watts - this is my rig I keep set up in my band-room

I'm sure you'll like your stack!

X8

Attached Files: