Convince me..(Echo Park)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Pearl_jammin, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Ok, I'm sick of waiting for the Ashdown Chrous+, I wanted it mostly because it mentioned it had chrous, reverb and delay all in one. What I really want is the delay.

Basically, every time I go to my local guitar shop I see the Line6 Echo Park and want it, but keep telling myself that the Ashdown might come close, but being that it's not a delay pedal firstly I doubt it. So....

Can someone rave about their Echo Park/share some soundclips with bass (only played on it with guitar before now) to convince me to buy it? Thanks.
  2. Well, if you liked it with guitar - it will be the same with bass.

Its a delay.
  3. if you can deal with only tap tempo, and the way to engage it. Go for it, its a great pedal. I just couldnt get used to it and went with a DD-3. I dont need much in a delay.

4. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    You don't have to tap tempo.
  5. Its a great pedal!!!!!! infact its an awesome pedal, if you dont rush to you local shop and buy it I WILL!!

6. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I dig the tap-tempo divider that lets you choose whether the tempo is the tempo that you tap, half of that, or... a TRIPLET of what you tap! Very cool idea.

I thought the dual-force action on the pedal wasn't very hard to operate; I've never used one on stage, though.

7. didier

Aug 4, 2005
    I use one and love it. The models (tape, analog, digital) actually sound different from each other, and pretty good. The tap tempo is great for me, it is one of the main reasons I got the EP.

The different delay patterns are nice, too, although I haven't been running a stereo rig so some of them dont' get used live by me.

the slap back and some shorter times can get a reasonable reverb.
    It has a modualtion that allows you to add a little chorus, or if you crank the mod is gets... um, really modualted. warbly like.

It works great on bass
  8. Funkzfly

Jun 15, 2005
    Got it and love it, but I only really use it with my Fender Telecaster...nice for ambience every so often on bass though.
  9. I don't think you could ever convince me to live in Echo Park.

...oh, wait, we're talking about that Line 6 box, aren't we? ;)