1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

cool interesting Tetris style pedalboard

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by willbassyeah, Jul 19, 2012.

1. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Oct 9, 2011
    Singapore
    hmm... saw it at premier guitar video, its called stompblox pedalboard, looks pretty interesting but how the hell would i bring it to gig http://www.stompblox.com/

2. Looks neat. It'd be better if the modules were different sizes, IMO.

3. TomA1234

TomA1234

Jul 27, 2009
    Fareham, England
    Hmm, I like that idea. Unfortunately they will probably cost a disproportionate amount.

4. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Oct 9, 2011
    Singapore
    The problem is if I have 5 of them how am I going to bring it to the gig room purchase a seperate carrying case, was quite interested in this though

5. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 GAS resistance is utterly futile... Supporting Member

Some guys are gonna go nuts with this for their studio and/or basement board...

6. I like the idea.

7. It's like Legos.

8. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    i like the idea too. but they'd have to be CHEAP. and i hate doing routing between separate boards, that's why i abandoned the multi-board approach and went with a PT-Pro.

neat idea for studio stuff though.

9. bobbertdole

bobbertdole

Jul 13, 2012
    Looks awesome but I seen no mention of a case.....

10. Nomadskills

Nomadskills

Dec 27, 2010
    Here
    Seems like an easy way to expand as you get more pedals. The case thing I'd be worried about though.

11. refbassist

refbassist

Mar 3, 2007
    interesting as in decorating the rehearsal room, totally impractical.

12. audiophile21

audiophile21

Jan 19, 2010
    Boston
    i really like the idea, great for starting out and begining to build your giant peal board from hell! and when you realise you hate bringing your massive board out of your moms basement you can break it appart into 8 smaller boards with more practical uses. Fantastic.

13. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Digital Brand Development and Product Development at GHS Strings
    Thought I'd bump this thread, mainly because I have two of them (Andy at Stompblox was generous enough to send them to me for review).

First off, they're not big at all; about 9" x 12" by themselves. However, they are SOLID. They look to be bent metal frames, and are very sturdy and heavy. They lock together pretty easily, and the thumb screws that keep them together are attached, so you don't have any small pieces that you could lose. When the two are attached together, there's no flimsiness. They are locked together. Given that with two, you can make either a 9" x 24" or a 18" x 12" board, I like the options. There are also feet on the back of each of the boards to allow you to have a bigger slant on the board than just the board itself (which has a slight slant).

They each come with a bag, that's a 12" x 12" square, roughly. The zipper on the bag is much like the zipper on a sleeping bag, meaning that if you have two Stompblox boards that you have screwed together regularly, you can zip the two bags together and make a larger bag to fit the board.

The underside of the board has plenty of areas for zip ties and cable management. I was even told that with the feet out (for a higher slant), you can easily put a Pedal Power II+ under it. There are plans to release a CAGE unit that will add another ~ 5" on the back (I'm assuming to make a 14" x 12" board) which will allow you to store up to the Voodoo Labs Mondo Power Supply.

MSRP for each board is $80, but they're figuring they will sell around MAP, which is going to be $60.

For myself, having one small board of my "essential" things (DI, compressor, EQ pre, delay, effects loop) and a second with extra pedals (distortion, envelope phaser, chorus, etc..) that I can attach quickly and hook up easily is a huge bonus.

14. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Indy, IN
    I'm game. Where can I possibly get some?

15. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Yes, these look very cool. Going to the site now to browse.

Killing gods

16. Multi boards aren't for me. One board to rule them all.

17. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Indy, IN
    Cool! If you find something out, please let me know. I took a look and didn't see any pricing or availability...

Dude, I feel ya'. That's why I just went from a PT-2 to a PT-Pro, to put it all on one board; however, I can see some real advantages to having a "modular" set up. I always take my "big" board to full band shows, but smaller acoustic shows and rehearsals, sometimes just don't merit dragging the whole damn, ginormous board. Sometimes I just need a few things off the board to get thru practice, so this is an intriguing possible solution, if they aren't a bazillion bucks apiece...

18. Pbass6811- I have a pt jr and a pt pro. I just rebuild my board when I want to switch. I don't have enough extra pedals lying around to justify both being fully active, also the core of my favorite tones are in 6 specifics pedals, that I can't afford to buy duplicates of. Typically my gigs run for several months, so it not a hassle. I'm in the process of purchasing the final pieces for my jump back from the JR to the Pro. It's exciting because both of my small board projects dissolved with my guitarist going to rehab. And this down time has opened up a new project where I'm playing "lead bass" sans guitar. Expect links and videos in the near future.

gregmon79 likes this.
  19. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Pbass, I emailed them about pricing so hopefully I'll hear something back soon. I'll keep you posted here. I know someone posted some prices above though too. Not sure if you had seen that.

Killing gods

20. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Digital Brand Development and Product Development at GHS Strings
    Figured I'd put this out there again. Got this straight from Andy at Stompblox.

gregmon79 likes this.