Cort Artisan A5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jester, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Any experience from anyone with the Cort A5? Build quality, pups, tuners, etc. Is it fair to compare it to the Ibanez SR-905? Cort's been around but how do you guys feel about them? Are they a worthwhile bass? That's a bad way to put that, do they have a good reputation with bass players?

2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ive heard good things about them. Someone here recently bought an A6 and digs it.
  3. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    Cort Artisan's A and B series are excellent. They have bartolini MK pickups and pre on them. And construction is not really bad. They are setup friendly too. They are already decently priced, but if you got a deal I'd say jump on it.

Compared to Ibanez SR's I definitely would vote for Cort. I may be a little biased though. Their string spacings are wider than Ibanez too.
  4. I have a B5 as my main bass and will stand by it for sure. The eq works well, sound is good, and i play almost every type of music on it. I'd go for it over the ibanez for sure, i've never really liked the SR's that much.

cough cough.... cort... cough... :D
  5. I have an A4, superb sounds and looks, very playable, excellent workmanship. Also it is very versatile, but if you want more punch and less brightness, go for a cort B5.