1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Crazy bird is driving me nuts!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by line6man, Apr 18, 2010.

1. So far, with the paper taped on the window, the bird hasn't shown up yet.:hyper:

I'll be leaving the house soon, so I'll have to see if he shows up later this afternoon or not.

2. Solution:

Extra sticky clear adhesive. Bird sticks to window, you kill bird. Problem solved.

3. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    he could always borrow one of your tarantulas, I'm sure that would take care of it as well.

4. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Your problem has been discussed for eons on birding groups. One very common variant is birds attacking side mirrors on cars. Take away the reflection, take away the problem. Game over.

Killing migratory birds is illegal in the U.S., but worse yet dooms you to playing Brown Eyed Girl at every gig you do for the rest of your life. Karma's a bitch...

5. I guess I should make Ultra5 live up to his name as a 'birdeater' :ninja:

6. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    The bird is obviously attempting a home invasion robbery. Its determination to get inside is meant to divert you from the fact that this bird is very dangerous.

I suggest you get a cat, and only allow him to remain on the right side of your house. Teach said cat to regulary pop up in the window to scare the bird.

Theres a bird at my work thats always standing on the sill pecking at the window. A guy in the art dept. printed a picture of an owl and put it up in the window. I stopped the bird for a while, but its back for vengeance.

7. Ok, the paper on the window seemed to work fine yesterday, however, this morning the bird was going for the middle of the window, since the paper was covering his spot on the right side.:mad:

The interesting thing though was that he was flying into the window quietly today, just a tap instead of the usual thunk.

I wouldn't mind it if he just continues to fly into the window as quietly as he did, but I have a feeling he will start flying harder and harder into the window sooner or later.:mad:

8. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    Oy! If bird was driving me nuts I'd grab me nuts' steering wheel back.

9. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    pellet gun, won't piss off the neighbor/scare them and it'll get the job done.

10. playinpearls

playinpearls

Apr 1, 2008
    Atlanta

lol, i was gonna say buy some of those sticky rat trap papers and tape it to the window...:D

11. XtreO

XtreO

Jan 2, 2008
    Norway
    See if you can outsmart it. Try catching it without being present (IE a clever trap) :D And no sticky stuff on the window, that's unfair.

12. EdHunter

EdHunter

Jan 14, 2010
    Dublin
    Deoderant can + lighter + bird = no more annoyance + free meal

13. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    I like the way you think!

14. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually

Dec 17, 2007
    San Diego/LA
    This outta do the trick. Tape this up to a nice large piece of cardboard....see how ballsy that bird really is.

catj.

15. Actually, I've always wanted a Sphinx breed cat.

16. Gopherbassist

Gopherbassist

Jan 19, 2008
    Move the chair.

17. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    How old do birds live? Seems weird that it's been that long with he previous owner and all.

18. drteeth

drteeth

Apr 1, 2008
    Leuven, Belgium
    Elegant! I like it :D

19. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    I would advise you to consult the Wile E. Coyote book on trapping an annoying bird.

Also, I've heard great things about the Sylvester J Pussycat Sr. method.

20. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I thought this was going to be about some English guy complaining about his girlfriend.