1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Crown XTi 4000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fingerplay, May 4, 2010.

1. fingerplay

fingerplay

Mar 17, 2010
    I found a really good deal on a new Crown XTi 4000 power amp ($625, free ship) on EBay that I am considering, I am running a RPM/RBI in parallel with a Aphex 651. I know the input sensitivity on the Crown is above average,does anyone think this will be a problem with my current setup?

2. mcapote

mcapote

Sep 9, 2009
    Miami Florida
    make sure you ask them if it is A stock and comes with the 3 year warranty. Alot of them ebay XTis are either B Stock or no warranty.
    sorry i dont know the answer to your question though. I thought about using a xti2000 with an RBI for my bass

3. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    if its from proaudiosar, it'll carry the full warranty. only a couple of the last items that i purchased from them were listed as 'B stock' but when they arrived they were A stock. and all of their items carry the full factory warranty.

and yes, the xti4000 will work perfectly. i ran my RPM into an aphex 651/crown xti2000 and it was great.

4. Hi all, I use an XTi 1000 in my rack, plenty of power.

I too have the same reoccurring question regarding the input sensitivity rating on the Crown, considering everything that has been posted regarding the benefit of power amps with lower I.S. johnk 10 or anyone else, could you chime in??

P.S. johnk 10's abundant use of the Xti 2000 (not to mention his knowledge and slew of pre amps does make me feel better regarding this question...

Thanks, :bassist:

5. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    I used an RBI with an XTI1000 for a couple years and didn't notice any gain problems at all . I ran it bridged into one or two 8 ohm cabs and had no distortion on the front end or the output . The RBI/XTI was a great matchup . That XTI4000 would work fine with your preamps .

6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

The same seller, Proaudiostar, has killer prices on the other XTi amps: 1k, 2k, 6k. I'm very tempted to get the 2k!

And I too run RBI/RPM in parallel. I'm quite certain you'll be happy with the 4000... lots'o'watts!

7. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Mostly, input sensitivity is a concern with cheap preamps. The more expensive stuff tends to be a lot more flexible :)

8. uhdinator

uhdinator

Apr 20, 2010
    Maine
    RBI sends line level out, compressor uses line level in out,
    amp designed for line level........no problems

Thats what the knobs on the front of the XTI are for
    (adjusting the input sensitivity)

XTI has EQ, and compression/limting in the DSP built in it also.