1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cruise Control Fluid

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Old Garage-Bander, Jan 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. The Cruise Control light on my Subaroo started flashing yesterday. Someone told me that means I'm low on Cruise Control Fluid. I checked at three different auto parts stores but couldn't find any. Does anyone know where I can get some. :help:

2. Never heard of Cruise Control Fluid.

This isn't one of those "auto trade" insider jokes is it?

When I was a kid I once worked for an auto parts store. For laughs they would send me out to another store to get a bucket of steam or a radiator hose for a Volkswagen.

3. Oh yeah? Did they ever have you check the wheel well pressure?

S-Bigbottom, HolmeBass and climber like this.
  4. Of course...:laugh:

5. jchrisk1

jchrisk1 Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Northern MI
    They usually keep it next to the blinker fluid. Two aisles over from the torque converter belts.

6. farace

farace

Jul 9, 2016
    Connecticut USA
    S-Bigbottom, SheaNC and Farrin D like this.
  7. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    Don't forget muffler bearings ... and vintage air for your tires.

8. Sorry, can't help you out right now. I'm busy trying to source a water slide decal for a
    1980's Steinberger headstock.

Mktrat, RSBBass, elgecko and 9 others like this.
  9. JohnMCA72

JohnMCA72

Feb 4, 2009
    It should be in the same aisle as the Relative Bearing Grease.

10. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    When you said "cruise control fluid", I thought you meant the beer that gets you through the last set when there are 3 people in the audience...

I once had someone try to spill some water by the front of my Karmann Ghia and try to tell me that the engine had blown. When I told him it was a rear engine, air cooled car, he felt kinda silly...

Ya think...?

Engle, S-Bigbottom, John B jr and 5 others like this.
  11. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    I saw a bottle of Cruise Control Fluid at an old Pep Boys store a few years ago .. If I remember correctly, it was right next to the Left handed smoke shifter.

S-Bigbottom and mwbonsall like this.
  12. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    Was that in the same aisle as the metric crescent wrenches?? :D

Assuming you're serious about the CC light coming on, check to see if your brake lights work. Subie's have a habit of burning up stop light switches and this will disable CC and usually turn on the Check Engine light, too.

S-Bigbottom likes this.
    S-Bigbottom likes this.
  14. Ellery

Ellery

Mar 25, 2015
    What I find frustrating is nobody appreciates all the effort I put into relicing my 96 Toyota Camry. It improves the resale value, looks just like the real thing!

15. Juststanley

Juststanley Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Tejas
    Pfffft !

16. Wavy

Wavy

Mar 23, 2016
    Kanukistan
    I'm sure you can use a skyhook to find it.

Heard about a new guy sent to find a rubber wrench. He knew better, and disappeared for a nap.

17. L Anthony

L Anthony

May 14, 2009
    Ohio
    ^^
    Any place that carries a skyhook (two helium balloons holding up a steel I-beam with a chainfall hanging from its center) should have CC fluid...

(I once had an apprentice working under me years ago; me and another mechanic told him to go to the tool room and get a skyhook. When he said he didn't know what it was, I drew him the picture described above. After looking at the picture, he said okay and still went to go get one. We went and brought him back a little while later; knowing him as we did, we were afraid that he might actually find one somewhere.) :rolleyes:

Wavy and S-Bigbottom like this.
  18. skygzr

skygzr

Feb 23, 2015
    Southeast US
    When I was in college and I didn't want anyone touching my electronics, I'd put up sign that said "Danger! 1,000,000 ohms!"

Wavy, S-Bigbottom, John B jr and 5 others like this.
  19. Technically older vehicles used air line that tied into the brake lines that would control a solenoid to turn of cruise control when you applied the brakes, that would make brake fluid a type of cruise control fluid. However, modern vehicles are all computer controlled so the cruise works off of programming.

bolophonic likes this.
  20. Jammin Johneboy

Jammin Johneboy Guest

Dec 23, 2011
    Ontario
    I don't know much about "cruise control fluid" , but I like this old saying : " The only thing faster than cubic inches,.... is cubic dollars " .

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017