Czech Spector...?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rusty Chainsaw, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    I've been GASsing after a Czech-made Spector NS-5CRFM for a while now, so I'm thinking of taking advantage of the current £-$ exchange rate and getting hold of one from the US. At the moment, one music shop in London has a monopoly on them, so they can charge pretty much what they want. So that's out... So, can anyone in the US point me in the direction of somewhere where there might be a good, cheap one (secondhand, possibly?) and if they would be willing to ship to the UK? Would prefer black oil finish, but will also go for natural...

Russ :bassist:
  2. Check out on eBay or TB's own classifieds.

If you're willing to buy new, send a PM to TB member Gard. He works at Bass Central and I got mine via him. Here's my little baby:
  3. do you mean Sound Control in the Oxford street megastore? I saw a Spector 4 and 5 that looked either Czech or possibly US . they are selling the Korean ones quite cheap though.
  4. Sound Control are now the importers, most of their shops have got a good range in, the Manchester shop even has a few US models in.
    Played a czech four string and it sounded nice, been getting GAS ever since!

5. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    The only Czech made oil finish is the natural. I just got an amber one and it "smokes" any other bass I have ever owned.