1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DAddario Ball End Colors?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by PennyroyalWe, Sep 14, 2020.

1. PennyroyalWe

PennyroyalWe

Sep 2, 2018
    Oregon
    Has D’Addario always used the color coded ball ends? I replaced the strings on my tele bass with a set of Chromes, because I thought that’s what was on it already, however I notice the ball ends on the old set are all brass. The new set has multicolored ball ends. I put the old set on in 2015, and in truth at the time I wasn’t picky about what strings I used and this set was the only flats in the music store that day, so I can’t be positive that they were chromes...but I’m pretty sure.
    B114FC68-7A15-4843-BCA0-EF7D103E8DB8.jpeg

2. D'Addario's signature colored ball ends have been around for some time, certainly long before 2015. The two sets of Chromes I got back in 2007 and 2008 both had the colored ball ends.

Is it possible the ones in your photo are Ernie Ball Stainless Steel Flats? They would have blue silk just like the Chromes but with brass-colored ball ends.

3. PennyroyalWe

PennyroyalWe

Sep 2, 2018
    Oregon
    Is that the same as the Group 3?
    Edit: I hadn’t realized the group is the gauge size. If they’re EB ss, this is a group 3 set

4. Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Ernie Ball "Group Flats" = Stainless Steel Flats = blue silk with brass ball ends.

PennyroyalWe likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 27, 2021