1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dang...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by FunkSlap89, Apr 10, 2006.

1. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I got it bad for this girl i met while i was playing in a musical at a nearby high school.

I don't know what to do... she lives about 40 minutes away so I can't exactly get to know her that easily. The best thing right now is myspace. I know all you TBer's are great with this kind of thing :))).

:help:

2. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Are you going to see her casually again? Maybe try talking to her.

The girl threads are back!

3. The spring time does it to you man.

4. Don't bother, man, we're all weirdos.

Is it possible to meet up halfway, like 20 minutes away from your houses? If so, perhaps suggest that you meet up sometime there.

5. :D
    this made me laugh so true...

6. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    yeah man. if you got her number then give her a ring and meet halfway. Do something interesting and be exciting. Women hate the same boring dates with the same boring questions talking about boring life. Make it fun and interesting and spontaneous, and she'll be calling you back.

if you didn't get her number, then you could do the myspace thing but unless you held a conversation with her its kinda wierd (stalkerish).

good luck bro, have at em

7. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    you turn 17 soon.

is that the age you can get your license?

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    40 minutes is nothing if you truly have it bad for her. A man named Jacob once worked for SEVEN years to earn the right to marry a woman he adored.

-Mike

9. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    i have my licence. And i mapquested it and she actually only lives 25 minutes away. Her school is 45 minutes away. So this could actually work.

This was my plan... get to know her by having conversations with her over the internet/phone. Then set up a triple date where i bring one couple and she brings another. I dunno if it would work out, but we could go to the movies/dinner or something. :confused:

10. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Dang, MJ! Good example!

11. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    86 the chump stuff, man. Just grab a pair of binoculars and go stake out her house. Wait until the house is empty, then let yourself in and do a little research. You know, figure out what she likes and doesn't like, see if you have any common ground... all that good stuff. On your way out, you can leave a note on her bed or desk saying that you've been watching her for a while and would really like to get to know her, but try not to sound desperate or psycho. Also, if you're going to steal any panties or beach pictures or anything, I wouldn't leave the note.

Good luck!

12. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    :eyebrow:

are you jiving me right now?

13. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Pff...25 minutes is nothing. That's my 8-mile commute to work. So what's stopping you?

14. flatwounds

flatwounds

Apr 22, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    Fookgub knows where it's at.

But instead of leaving a note on her bed, you should be waiting there for her, naked, with a rose in your mouth. When she finally comes home, you say, "what took so long, baby?"

This should work.

15. flatwounds

flatwounds

Apr 22, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    If it doesn't work...just pull a Paul Reiser from the Beverly Hills Cop films...

"This is not my bedroom..!?!":D

16. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Nothin! sent her a message on myspace asking her on a group date to the movies. :bassist:

17. I've gone about 250 km and a friend has gone from Toronto to Montreal... 40 minutes?
    Don't let that get in your way... oh and 25 is even better

18. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Hell, I drove an hour for a year to see my ladyfriend.

I'd do it again.

19. i dunno, i dont see the need for friends to tag along, esp if your not going to know her friends, it causes tension if you and her friends dont get along

i would have just talked to her for a few days online and then asked her to get some coffee or somethin, maybe dinner but nothing big.....it gets easier as you get older and wiser, hell i asked a girl out while on stage at out last show, didnt ammount to much, but we had fun while it lasted

20. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Report to Mr. Hand immediately.