1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Danton Boller

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by BargeOn, Jan 17, 2008.

1. BargeOn

BargeOn Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    CNY
    Only found one thread where Danton is mentioned.

I just heard Boller on an Adam Rafferty trio CD (seems the whole world knows about Rafferty but me, NYC jazz guitarist with a penchant for honoring bop with a contemporary feel and now branching out for some solo flat top)

Anyway, I can only say that it's the first time in years I've been in awe. Boller isn't knocking me out with chops (he's certainly got'em enough to carry the weight of Gillespie's Kush in 12/8 time), it's his phrasing and intonation, the space he leaves when he plays.

I gather from what I've picked up on the net that he has another, progressive side.

Any one know more?

2. milomo

milomo

Aug 5, 2007
    Bloomfield, NJ
    I know he's been working with Roy Hargrove lately, as well as Benny Wallace. I'm pretty sure he has a website, check it out.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021