1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Darkglass B7K vs VT Bass DI

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nyangsw, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Darkglass B7K

51 vote(s)
    72.9%
  2. VT Bass DI.

19 vote(s)
    27.1%
  1. nyangsw

nyangsw

Apr 26, 2012
    These 2 pedals are both combain preamp with overdrive.
    Which do you prefer?
    Tell me your reason and your play style.

2. First to vote.... shocking

I never liked how VT just took over the entire sound of my basses. Maybe that has changed with the blend being added, but I am far happier with the tone of the B7K and its 4 band Eq.

3. hello from turkey :) i am a Darkglass b7k user with my Rickenbacker basses and it has unbelievable tone(s).

4. I am looking forward to being able to cast a vote soon. I have the VTDI now and a B7K on the way. I am a little concerned about the B7K because all the demos I see are pretty heavy distortion / metal oriented playing. I typically look for more of a mild overdrive- gritty tone. Hopefully, with the drive down a bit I can achieve what I am looking for.

I liked BDDI, but never quite gelled with the VT v.2 I had. I do like the VTDI I am currently using. The blend rocks, but i can't figure out if I like bite engaged or not. I will cast a vote after I get the Darkglass in!

5. huckleberry1

huckleberry1

Jul 1, 2013
    Mesquite, Texas
    student
    :hyper::bassist::Dhave B7K on the way now

6. rowdyraul

rowdyraul Supporting Member

Oct 28, 2011
    OKC, OK
    I had the b7k and loved it until i got the vt bass di. The tone in my head is finally here with this pedal. Blend feature is awesome. I highly recommend.

7. +1

8. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    I have a B3K which I really like, but it takes over my sound as much as my VT. There is nothing about the B3K that is transparent.

9. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I find the baked-in tone of the VT too hyped in certain frequencies and scooped in others for my taste. The B7k is definitely capable of more neutral tones. I would say the Darkglass tends to be more "modern" sounding as a whole, but with the EQ can be coaxed into some warmer vintagey tones. Both can be somewhat harsh, but the EQ on the Darkglass seems more able to curb this without losing articulation in the process.

10. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    In that case, would the Enabler be a more warmer preamp/DI than the VT or B7K?

OOOPS! I take that back....The Enabler does not have overdrive/distortion......still, would it have a warmer EQ than either the VT or DG B7K?

11. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    I think that i want to get Darkglass Vintage Micro tubes. Just got VTDI but may sell to get the VMT instead..