Submission Dean Town by Vulfpeck

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by LeeNunn, Mar 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. LeeNunn

LeeNunn Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Charlottesville, VA
    My musical tastes seemed to have stopped around 1980. Maybe to rescue me, my nephew sent me this video. It starts out with just repetitive 16th notes, but then it starts to get interesting. Check out the double stop in measure 25. Measure 30 features a great chromatic line and a natural harmonic.

Attached Files:

2. Sharknose79

Sharknose79 UNPAID greenboy/fEARful endorser Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2011
    South Cackalacky
    I have nothing to disclose at this time.
    Hell yes...consider yourself saved !!!!

LeeNunn likes this.
  3. ChrisDev

ChrisDev Commercial User

Aug 18, 2009
    Belgium
    Ritter Instruments Team & Owner BassLessons.be
    Ha, you saved me some work. This one was on my list as well :)

LeeNunn likes this.
  4. LeeNunn

Oct 9, 2012
    Charlottesville, VA
    I expect to be making some edits tomorrow morning. As usual, I really appreciate anyone taking the time to compare these transcriptions to the recording. Some of the process is subjective, but mistakes are easy to make. I see this as a collaborative process for anyone who chooses to participate, and I usually learn something in the process. I routinely see complaints about how inaccurate free transcriptions are. Here on TB, they're inaccurate if you don't speak up. Thanks.

5. slagheap

slagheap Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2011
    ooh. now i know what i'll be doing this weekend...

6. LeeNunn

Oct 9, 2012
    Charlottesville, VA
    I had mistakenly inverted the double stops. The video shows it as the first and second frets. The posted transcription reflects that correction. Thanks again for the feedback.

7. slagheap

slagheap Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2011
    i can't get enough of this.

8. LeeNunn

Oct 9, 2012
    Charlottesville, VA
    I replaced the pdf transcription file with a new one that reflects edits from ChrisDev. For example, I skipped a measure and then I quit transcribing when I heard a pause that the end. The song keeps going for a few more measures after that pause. Many thanks to ChrisDev for taking the time to edit this.

9. BigDanT

BigDanT Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Joe Dart is a monster. Def one of my favorite players going right now. Funky, groovy and in the pocket!!