1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DELANO JMVC 5 FE/M2 with OBP3 preamp ???

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Jimmy Bikos, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Hello guys,
    Has any of you tried to combine the Delano JMVC 5 FE/M2 pickups with the aguilar OBP3 bass preamp?I love the sound of these pikcups and i'm searching for a great match preamp for my new bass project....I also consider the OBP3 premp on of the greatest and i have a great experience but with Bartolini pickups... I would like to know your opinion and your experience!!Thanks a lot ;)

2. Jable

Jable

Nov 6, 2017
    bump

3. mustBmtd

mustBmtd Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Tennessee
    For me when it comes to Delano pickups, I've always stayed with the Glockenlang 3band preamp. It maintains the true clarity of the the Delano pickups but still adding what you need from the preamp.

Helge_Glock likes this.
  4. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Big +1.

I'm sure the OBP3 would work fine with the pickups. But the Delano+Glockenklang combo is really something special. Though likely to be more clean and even that the Bart+Aguilar setup. You will have a much wider range of tonal adjustment on the Glock pre too.

Helge_Glock likes this.
  5. mustBmtd

mustBmtd Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Tennessee
    No ugliness to the Aguilar OBP-3 which is a super nice preamp. But I've found staying with any preamp where as you can adjust or tweak in the back of the preamp is what I like. You can't do that with the OBP-3. It's a matter of knowing how much to increase or decrease by way of the knobs.