Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Delay for bass?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Falk, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Falk

Falk

Jan 18, 2004
    Norway
    Hello, I'm on the lookout for
    a decent delay unit for my bass setup. I've tried out some stompboxes and it's a cool effect for bass solo pieces (f.ex. "Dune Tune" by Level 42).
    I have recently switched to a rack setup, and am on the lookout for a nice rack delay unit for my setup... Does anybody have any suggestions or tips?

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I use an Alesis Nanoverb and the delay sounds good enough. I would imagine that one of those half space Boss multieffects units would sound great (it sure works for Michael Manring).

Is this the right forum???

3. WOOFMAN

WOOFMAN

Mar 12, 2003
    USA, PNW
    I use a DIGITECH RS8000. That's a whooping 8 sec's of delay. Plus, crystal clear chorusing in a rack mount unit.

4. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

I have recently switched to a rack setup, and am on the lookout for a nice rack delay unit for my setup... Does anybody have any suggestions or tips?

What preamp are you using? Does it have a parallel EFX loop? I've been using a Rocktron Intellifex for years in my rack setup, it's great as long as it's in a parallel loop, or better yet, going through a small submixer. I also have and like a Lexicon Vortex (mutant, does tap tempos), and a Symetrix 606 (cool filters, really pristine sounding, also does tap tempos). The Rocktron is the quietest, but each one has its charms. They all do chorus nicely as well.

Are you going for stereo ping-pong, looping, or?

5. Falk

Falk

Jan 18, 2004
    Norway
    Thank you for your replies so far.

To specify: I use a SWR Mo' Bass amp,
    into a Eden 410XLT cabinet.
    It has a stereo effects loop,
    but I'll run it in mono, cause I mostly just
    use one cab, anyway. Of course, when playing live
    i can run it stereo to FOH.

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    This might get more posts in "Effects".

7. The Line 6 delay modeler is really nice, you can play reverse licks in real time, it has tons of different delays, that would cost thousands if bought seperatly , and thats if you can find them. the sweep echos are real cool, and you can tap the tempo real easy to match up any rythym. before I went with line 6 I was using the Danelectro Dan-Echo.
    It depends on your style, many delays will work, it depends on the feel you are looking for. :bassist: