1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Demeter Compulator Power Supply

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Folmeister, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Hey, Kids!
    I just got my Demeter Compulator pedal and I love it! Unfortunately, the trolls at GC couldn't get me a Demeter manufactured power supply. Is anyone else using one with a power supply? Which one are you using?

2. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Very nice compressor, congrats! Just takes a normal Boss PSA-style power supply but you'll need an adapter to convert to a mini-plug. I use an adapter that came with my Godlyke power supply, I think the OneSpot "3.5mm (1/8") Converter (C35)" (found here) would also work. You should be able to find these at any Visual Sound dealer.

3. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    I don't think they make one.

I just got a new Compulator and power supply, ordered directly from Demeter. The power supply that Demeter sent with it is a genuine Dunlop ECB02 power supply.

Here's a link to one:

http://www.synthtopia.com/items/Dunlop/DNPECB02.htm

4. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Yep, I received my Demeter Compulator the other day, and I'm really liking it, too. I e-mailed James Demeter a few days ago asking which power supply he recommended, and he replied saying that I should get the Dunlop ECB-02, which I just ordered last night. ;)

5. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I just use a Pedal Power 2. Is it just me, or is the plug in a really lame spot? It's a great pedal and all, but wouldn't it be easier on your cables to put the jack in a normal spot?

6. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

I have been using a Dunlop DC Brick to power not only a Compulator, but a Demeter Fuzzulator and Tremulator as well. Works great and has a very small footprint on the board as well.

Max