Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Demeter Compulator Power Supply

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Folmeister, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Hey, Kids!
    I just got my Demeter Compulator pedal and I love it! Unfortunately, the trolls at GC couldn't get me a Demeter manufactured power supply. Is anyone else using one with a power supply? Which one are you using?

2. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Very nice compressor, congrats! Just takes a normal Boss PSA-style power supply but you'll need an adapter to convert to a mini-plug. I use an adapter that came with my Godlyke power supply, I think the OneSpot "3.5mm (1/8") Converter (C35)" (found here) would also work. You should be able to find these at any Visual Sound dealer.

3. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    I don't think they make one.

I just got a new Compulator and power supply, ordered directly from Demeter. The power supply that Demeter sent with it is a genuine Dunlop ECB02 power supply.

Here's a link to one:

http://www.synthtopia.com/items/Dunlop/DNPECB02.htm

4. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Yep, I received my Demeter Compulator the other day, and I'm really liking it, too. I e-mailed James Demeter a few days ago asking which power supply he recommended, and he replied saying that I should get the Dunlop ECB-02, which I just ordered last night. ;)

5. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I just use a Pedal Power 2. Is it just me, or is the plug in a really lame spot? It's a great pedal and all, but wouldn't it be easier on your cables to put the jack in a normal spot?

6. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

I have been using a Dunlop DC Brick to power not only a Compulator, but a Demeter Fuzzulator and Tremulator as well. Works great and has a very small footprint on the board as well.

Max