1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

devi ever fx?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by beatsbears, Jun 7, 2011.

1. beatsbears

beatsbears

Feb 22, 2011
    Portland, ME
    Considering checking out some of her stuff. Most of the pedals are under $100 and seem to get decent reviews.

Anyone ever played any (bass pedals or regular pedals w/ bass)?

She also seems to have come out with some massive fuzz contraption SILVER ROSE « devi ever : fx but I don't know if it's actually out yet, if so has anyone tried it?

Thanks

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Oh heck yes--we've had many many posts and threads about Devi's pedals.

3. theory028

theory028 Really Loud Hamburger.

Jul 4, 2007
    Cedar Falls, IA
    I used to own a Devi Ever Electric Brown. It was nice for a subtle grind. A lot of her pedals seem to be gnarly fuzz boxes but the Electric Brown was more up my alley.

I like the size, construction, and tone. The artwork is also really cool on a lot of the pedals. I'd definitely consider buying more of her stuff.

4. There was a 10 page thread about devi ever about a month or two ago???

search and you will find alot!

I've tried the devi ever bass fuzz ( now extinct i think? ) and own the cherry pop, vintage fuzz master and the hyperion,... hyperion I love even though its extremely high gain it rocks (it loses low end,.. can sound like a guitar solo fuzz if put in by itself in a chain or for uber sex use a LS2 to mix some low end clean back in ;) )

beware though all or most of her pedals will work best with a passive bass,... or if you have active you will need to turn the gain down as otherwise you get that fade in overloaded sound on the intial attack...

oh forgot I also have the eye of god which is a WONDERFUL feedback looper :D used that to good effect on my noise peices!

5. thatonedude02

thatonedude02

Jan 31, 2010
    Colorado
    I'm interested in her Ruiner (supposedly a bass fuzz). It would be fun to see a silver rose demo on bass to see if it's worth anything to us bass players.

6. The Silver Rose is an IC Big Muff clone and a Univox Super Fuzz clone in a box together, and you can blend between them, and you can also blend in your clean signal up to a 50/50 mix. There are tons of bass demos of Muffs and Super Fuzzes around, so that should at least give you some idea as to what it sounds like.

7. d180fuzz

d180fuzz C21H30O2

Jul 10, 2008
    West Los, CA
    I have a Ruiner, thatonedude.

Massive low end, not terribly articulate, massive low end, tons of gain potential (really, really LOUD), massive low end, and massive low end. It'll rattle your guts with its MASSIVE LOW END.

8. I had a VFM for a while it does that high gain gated fuzz thing wonderfully especially if you need to cut thru. It was too high gain for me to get any use out of it the only time I really liked it was when I padded the input way down it became much more articulate.

9. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    I use the Ruiner in an Xotic blender...fantastic. (works in Boss LS-2 too because it is positive polarity being 2 Dark Boost circuits, the 1st one inverses, 2nd puts it back) Because of the massive gain, the blender is about 10 o'clock (less than half) but it fixes the glitchy articulation issues when using it alone. Best bass synth sound ever! SA Bass envelope loves it. And it almost seems to have portemento characteristics...notes sort of slide into each other. (I'm playing actives too)
    On my main high volume board I used to use a Karioki Party like someone mentioned Electric Brown, and it has a nice articulation and interesting mid-range. I sometimes used it into the Dark Boost too...that pedal Loves getting a hot signal...(Karioki Party is too hot; 1mm difference and you're too loud). KP into DB makes it buzz. But the attack is weird, almost sounds like it's replaced by a sample w/ latency. Sometimes that's good sometimes bad. Both have been replaced by a Fuzzhugger Ark Flash, one pedal that does that sound better, but they stay on my at-home rig; I won't be selling.

10. Sharko

Sharko

Jun 18, 2009
    Washington, DC
    I've got a devi ever Torn's Peaker which I use for gnarly, wooly guitar like Blue Album Weezer. It makes a rad bass sound too,which I would liken it to old Matt Sharp stuff. Also, you can use other fuzz pedals in front of the Torn's Peaker to drive it insane (see the Devi Ever Shoe Gazer which is a Soda Meiser --> Torn's Peaker in series), I've been using a classic Big Muff Pi to do this and for some reason I can't explain when you turn on the Big Muff Pi it phases at an unpredictable rate, it sounds totally unreal.

Since you can buy all of her pedals in Do It Yourself versions, for my next project I was thinking of making a Ruiner where the 2 Dark Boosts have independent switches and controls.

11. I got a Ruiner in a trade recently and put in a switch to change it from Ruiner to Dark Boost mode (Ruiner is two Dark Boosts circuits, one into the other). It's super easy and makes it a ton more versatile...I actually like the DB more right now.

If you think the Ruiner is low then the DB is LOW LOW.

12. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    If I'm right the Silver Rose was first custom designed for Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumkins.
    I<3Fuzz thread details

13. I have an Aenima and a Legend of Fuzz. The Aenima sounds ****ing amazing on bass, although it does limit the lowest of lows so probably not the best for a band mix. The Legend of Fuzz has a ton of low end. Very synthy and glitchy.

I've also owned a Dark Boost (decent for stacking), Dark Ruby (awesome punk distortion, wish I still had it), and Disaster Fuzz (good sound, but lose all your low end).

14. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    Shoe Gazer - intense & offers some diversity.
    I just got a Dark Boost from a TB member. Haven't tried it yet.