DHgate, Ali Express: Importing basses to US from China?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bill Kron, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Bill Kron

Bill Kron

Aug 26, 2018
    I have all the "good basses" I need, but I jones for a "Frankenstein project" and the stuff on their sites seems like a great jumping off point. For example, this would make a great EB-6 with a little tweaking.
    Aliexpress.com : Buy Reliable Quality Best Service 8 Strings SG Custom Electric Guitar Bass Red Finish In Stock China Guitars Factory from Reliable custom electric guitar suppliers on Horizon Guitar & Custom Shop

Has anyone here imported basses like this, and what's involved with Tariffs/duties etc? Thanks in advance for any insight.

2. BassBeginer64

BassBeginer64 Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Riverside Ca
    I been researching China Bass, need to look for high reviews, so yo dont end up with a dud, I myself want something special and made personal, no wanting a Knock Of Copy , cost seem to be from 300- 800 depending on whistels and bells, case and shipping

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021