1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Did some "upgrades" on my P-Nut II today

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by TechJunky, Jul 12, 2014.

1. TechJunky

TechJunky

Aug 31, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    So I finally decided to spend a little money and upgrade my P-Nut II.

The JAN II had been broken for quite some time (both side tabs broken, and even a part of the bass broke off), and a tuner broke last week and needed changed. I figured while I was at it, I'd replace the drop tuner on the B string since I never use it, and find it more of a nuisance than a help.

I had wanted a brass JAN III for a long time, but could never bring myself to spend the money. Since I couldn't find the right tuners easily, I shot a message to the Warwick Custom Shop, and asked for a quote on the tuners and a JAN III just out of curiosity. Much to my surprise and joy, all the parts were a.) readily available and b.) much cheaper than I had expected (and certainly cheaper than I had seen anywhere else). Placed the order at the beginning of the week, got the parts in yesterday, and just finished installing.

Changing a broken tuner for a new tuner obviously doesn't do much aside from make it usable again (though still a very good thing), but I must admit, I love not having the drop tuner. Changes the balance of the bass every so slightly, but for the better. It's a bit neck heavy, but it feels slightly less so now...though it is probably just in my head, it still is pleasant. Plus, it cleans up the headstock a bit, and I can hang my bass up and take it back down without having to mess with it.

The brass JANIII is the best part, though. I love the way they look, and every Warwick should have one! There is nothing wrong with the JANIII on my SSII, but I still might change it to brass down the road. Tonally, I don't notice much difference, but visually it looks stunning. It's like a bought it a beautiful gold neckless....but as I'm not romantically involved with my basses, I'm going to stick with saying it looks classy and elegant, but the feelings are totally platonic.

Here's the busted JANII
    14451514288_4f1c3ac6e5_b.

New brass JANIII
    14638122545_62df9770e4_b.

No drop tuner!
    14635968844_cb9c4df896_b.

And the complete package (because we love to share our bass shots)
    14451499269_b6f6b5c518_b.

2. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Looks great!!!

3. BrodelBasshead

BrodelBasshead

Jun 17, 2014
    Iowa
    Oh my god. I would love to have that bass, let alone play it for a few hours and even just touch it.