Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Did you know that..........

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by ninthwondernj, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Jimmy Page was the Bassist for The Yardbirds for a while???
    Silly me found that out today....[​IMG] .

2. oldgreyOlds

oldgreyOlds

May 12, 2005
    Delta, BC
    you didnt know jimmy page was in the yardbirds.. dude. I sympathize though, Ive done things like that myself.

3. SHEESH GIMMIE SOME CREDIT, I KNEW HE WAS IN THE YARD BIRDS JUST I DIDN'T KNOW HE WAS THE BASSIST FOR A WHILE

4. Number A, you don't have to shout. Do you know how many Internet etiquette laws you're breaking by typing in all caps like that? Um, well, you're breaking one: Don't type in all caps.

Also, I too did not know that JP played bass in the Yardbirds. I don't think he did it regularly.

5. I didn't know that, but then again, I never cared who their bass player was.

6. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Yep, I knew that. I've never seen a picture though.

7. I believe he was the bassist in either '65 or '66

8. he only played bass to fill in for Paul Samwell-smith, so i don't think he was ever considered "The Bass player" but just as a fill in...

9. AHH but he was the "Fill In" Bass Player lol

10. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Ya, Paul Samwell-Smith was nothing. He only co-wrote almost every single song they had that wasn't a cover. The guitarists take all the credit for that band and Paul SS and Jim McCarty wrote everything and nobody knows or cares who the hell they are. And you guys all thought this star-making crap started with boy bands and Britney Spears.