Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

digital recording/effect question

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by paniak17, Jan 14, 2005.

1. ok i dont have a digital multitrack recorder(yet!) but i was wondering if i could record a song onto it, put it onto the computer, and switch one of its tracks octave(higher), but keep the rest of the tracks in there same octave? is that possible, or am i just dreaming...

2. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    as long as it isolated on its own track, it is possible.

3. will i get a program to edit stuff with my dig. multitracker? or will i have to buy/download stuff?

4. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i know virtually nothing about digital multi trackers. if you plan on importing this into a computer, you will obviously need software to handle this. most convenient would be a multitrack sequencer like SONAR (which is what i use) or cubase, Live 4, etc...

the method in which you would tune the track up an octave will differ between each program. most likely, you will need an octaver plug-in or something similar.