1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

direct recording question

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by labgnat, Apr 7, 2006.

1. labgnat

labgnat Banned

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    ok i have ableton live 3 but my tascam digital interface sucks. doesn't seem to work anymore. so i'm trying to go direct into pc with a 1/4 inch plug in bass and 1/8 inch plug into soundcard of my toshiba laptop. is it possible for me to use ableton while trying to record this way? if it is i can't figure it out.

or is there another kind of recording software that is decent, inexpensive, or maybe even a free download somewhere that i can get to use?

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    You can dowload Audacity for free. People seem to like it well enough, though I have never tried it. Search for Audacity at www.sourceforge.net, and then find the Windows version. :)

3. labgnat

labgnat Banned

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    i got audacity downloaded just before i left for work and got a 25 second clip on it, sounded good. thanks for your suggestion. now i have something to play with when i get home from work tonight :D