1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Do you have any info about Bartolini's MTD USA pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bassman74, Jun 9, 2007.

1. bassman74

bassman74 Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    i'm looking for info about MTD pickups. Are they Passive por active? Are they dual or quad coil? Which dimension are they, P2 or larger?
    Any spec would help me....

Thanks
    Francois

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

have you been to the MTD site and checked? My guess is it would answer the first two. The last one strikes me as strange unless you plan on transplanting them into another bass.

3. I should think that the American made MTD's are Bartolini.

" The new pickups and active electronics are a proprietary design for MTD made by Bill Bartolini. The controls are: master volume and a pan pot, treble, mid, bass cut and boost, with center click (from neck to bridge). The three position switch selects the mid range cut and boost point. Down is lower mids, center is middle and up is upper mids. When the mid pot is at center click, the switch has minimal effect. This EQ has 2 batteries and is a +/- 9 volt system."

On my kingston it is the MMC style.

Hope this helps.

4. bassman74

bassman74 Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    thanks guys, i'm building my own basses and i wanna have my own pickups and i need all the info i can get for get them build. i personnally think that they are the only humbucker that have enough clarity to sound close to a singlecoil.

Thanks

Francois

5. guillermohands

guillermohands

Aug 22, 2011
    Venezuela
    are they quad coil ?

6. Even MTD jazz basses don't sound like normal jazz basses really. If you want the single coil sound why not just get singles? If you're looking to eliminate hum and still retain the single coil sound, there arelbetter options out there.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 21, 2021