1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does anyone recognize this signature?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by franvarin, Jan 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. franvarin

franvarin

May 30, 2013
    Rhode Island
    Hi!
    I came across an after market Fender Jazz neck with a facsimile signature. I can't really read it so, I was wondering of anyone can identify who this is supposed to be?

20170125_204527.

2. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Marcus Miller

That ain't no Fender neck though. I know you say it's an aftermarket, but I just want to be clear that it's fake.

franvarin likes this.
  3. franvarin

franvarin

May 30, 2013
    Rhode Island
    It's a fake all day long... Just wondering who the signature is supposed to be.

4. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    This is MM's genuine signature, as far as I can determine:

1926401mm.

franvarin likes this.
  5. franvarin

franvarin

May 30, 2013
    Rhode Island

Thanks for the response! This is clearly not a genuine Fender neck, but, yeah I agree it looks like the sig on the neck is supposed to be MM. This is a Chinese neck I'm going to put on a project bass just to use for practice. When it came in I was surprised to see the Fender decal and the signature. It's a really pretty neck for the price and will serve me well as a practice bass. Thanks again!

6. Chico Ruger

Chico Ruger Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2014
    Western NC
    A fake signature, you say? Donald J. Trump?

franvarin and Warhawk like this.
  7. Nooooooo....that's Hillary Clinton's sig! LOL

franvarin, Chico Ruger and Ghastly like this.