Dominants Breaking?

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by brianh, Dec 16, 2005.

1. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Richmond, CA
    well I bought the FCS based on someone elses comments that it would go well with my Starks and I hadn't read any threads on the Belcanto's since I thought they were an acro string. I'll take a look at them again. I only bought the G & D strings so I guess I don't mind the expense so much (~$60). Only one real way to find out. The Doms were bright and mellowed out a bit for me but IMO they didn't darker substantially either. For the time being, I want something durable. As long as the FCS isn't as bright or nasal like Spiro Orch's I'm willing to give them a try.

I may come back to the Dom's later but I'm not married to them for the moment. I'm seriously thinking of going to Gut at some point in which case I'll abandon my current set of strings. I dunno, I keep flipflopping just like everybody else I guess.

2. Chef

Chef In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    After being on my bass for about a year or so, my D broke between the nut and the tuning peg. Shortly after this, the A started coming undone and losing pitch.
    I contacted the nice folks listed earlier in this thread. They were helpful and very nice to deal with.
    I have a new set of Doms on that I got from Quinn, and my bad Doms will be on thier way back to TI for inspection...they're sending me a new A and D as well...nice!

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 20, 2021