Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dreams

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mr.QuakQuak, May 19, 2004.

1. Share your dreams you remember these past few nights.

The past two days I have been worrying about my drivers test (could have took it 6 months ago but I'm lazy).

I'm going to make a short summary :

Went to school on the day of my drivers test. My mother called to tell me that it was cancelled, and I was ticked off and wanted to go anyway and find out why. I was taking a Chemistry test, but it was in a newspaper. There was a 9 foot snake in the hall where we were taking the test, it soon bit my hand and started to wrap around me. I got my arm free and waited to start my test. While taking it this kid who is in my real chemistry class "Rami" (Muslim annoyance child) started wispering to me none stop and agravating me. So I proceded to beat the snot out of him. Everything felt like slow motion, no one stopped us either. After we were done he stabbed me with a pencil and took it out. I quickly grabbed the epncil and snapped it and threw it hitting some girl in the head, I appologized.

Later, I was trying to escape out of the school but I couldn't.

Then my alarm clock woke me up :-/

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Funny you mentioned dreams - I had a strange dream today - though i really rarely have dreams, or at least I rarely remember that I dreamt when I wake up...

So this morning my Dad woke me, and it was early like about 6:30. I'm still a bit ill, but now recovering, so I was tired and sleepy and slept back very fast. What was strange in my dream that it felt real, going in real time, so it felt like it was at least 15 minutes - however it was only 5 minutes before I got my second warning to get up... :eek: :confused:

Do you sometimes feel that the brain is working quicker in some situations than you would think? It's like when I think about speaking, before I would have the time to say a word, in a couple of miliseconds, I know what I wanna say, feels like I have already said it in myself, but all whats left is the keywords and i'm struggling to fill out the rest of the sentence... weird... :eyebrow:

3. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    last night:

i was sitting on a big leather bench with Richard and Neil. there was a HUGE map of france 2 feet away from us, and neil was pointing things out with a pointy long metal stick thing (possibly a pointer :p ).
    Richard got up to leave, and i reached over to point to something on the map. I leaned over Neil and brushed my hand over his crotch.
    He looked at me weirdly and carried on teaching me about France.

I do not understand why i had this dream.
    I have not told Neil ;)

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Forgot already.

5. Yup.

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    i once took so much benelyn and whisky, that i hallucinated i was a used car salesman for almost 12 hours.

7. I've had two dreams in the last week that had Arnold Schwarzenegger in them. In one we were hanging out and he showed me all his old workout shoes, which he had saved. In the other, he was on a tirade about how he wanted to outlaw hops because they were too much like marijuana. So I took a baggie of hops and tried to hide them under a step on the deck of his house, but a yellow lab kept pulling the bag out to play with it.

-Mike

8. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    These two I remeber from long ago, but they always stick with me.

#1. I wake up in my dream and my house is on fire. I don't panic, I act like it's normal. I proceed to my living room and see a bunch of lava people just kind of chilling out. Once again, I act like it's normal. I start up a conversation and we start to mingle. Then we stand around drinking beers and playing charades.

#2. I'm home alone (the whole dream) and all of a sudden this little chinese girl (she doesn't speak English) and this old guy (her translator) knock on my door. I let them in. The man explains to me that the girl is famous for being an expert about all kinds of spiders. I get a demonstration. She picks up some big tarantulas and talks about them while the man translates. Eventually it gets to the point where I get to pick up a spider. One of the super super poisonous big ones. I do pretty well until it tries to bite me and I drop it and it runs away... in my house. Then the duo get pissed that I lost their spider and they leave. I chill out for a while until I realize that the deadly spider is still in my house. I panic and go around looking for it with a can of spider killer and a broom. I search everywhere and I finally give up because it's late. I go to be. The next morning I wake up (in real life) and I continue looking for the spider in my room and under my bed. A few minutes later I realize how stupid I am and I go eat breakfast.

9. My dreams always are messed up by someone waking me up...right when it starts to get good. For instance...

Im on a date with this guy that i like, and we're both at the park. when we're strolling aroung the little baseball diamond holding hands, then he climbs to the top of the metal thing behind where you bat. I hadn't realized it but his equally hot band was on top of it and they started singing this really slow love song, much better than they would in real life then suddenly hes back down on the field where we start dancing, and we learn in closer and then...

"UR MY BEST PAL EVER, SCOOBY DOOBY DOOOOO"

my 5 year old cousin was in town and we let him share out home, along with his faimly, and he had brought that stupid talking scooby doo stuffed animal that i gave him for christmas.

10. Most of my dreams are rated 18, so, eh. :oops:

11. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK

I'm so jealous :p

12. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    so ya... last night i had a dream that i was writing 30 page paper... and then i reliesed... wait thats not a dream... and i only have 2 pages left to write... staying up all night is fuuuuun...

god i ma pass out as soon as i turn it in...

90 pages (around 5 papers) in 1 week is TOO MUCH

Cheers

13. I had a strange dream last night, in whist I was going to work, and the world was being taken over by fire possessed tornado's, and everyone it ran into had become under its power, and they were burning tornado zombies. Very strange.

14. suicas

suicas

Mar 12, 2004
    UK
    Have a look at http://www.abatons.org if you're interested in dreams and sharing them. Pretty good site on the whole.

15. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Is there any point - don't they all get anaylysed as a sexual dysfunction and the fact that you realy want to kill your father and sleep with your mother? ;)

16. Frijoles Negros

Frijoles Negros

Mar 21, 2004
    This is the most hilarious thing Ive read all week.

Stop it, my sides hurt. Seriously.

17. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I cant believe Im sharing this one with you guys.

Years ago I had a dream where I was at a Korn concert and for whatever reason Fieldy couldnt finish the set so they asked in anyone in the crowd played bass so I got on stage and played with Korn. Scary thing is, at the time, it was a good dream.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

If you almost never* remember your dreams and you wake up one day remembering a dream where you kissed an ex, does that mean something?

I might wake up remembering that I had a dream once every 3 months. Once every 5-6 I might remember little things in the dream, usually just a mood. Once a year or less I'll actually be able to tell someone about my dream.

18. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Just to show you why I am arbiter of good taste - I remember vividly a dream where I was playing in a trio with Jimi Hendrix at a big festival. It was fantastic, but then Jimi said something unintelligible and left the stage, leaving me to play a bass solo with drums. Alright for a few minutes but then it became my worst nightmare, as the crowd lost patience!! :meh:

19. A couple nights ago I dreamed that the girl I like (let's call her Kate, since I don't feel like sharing these things so much anymore. :p)'s roommate (we'll call her Sue) told me that Kate hated me, and never wanted to see me or talk to me.

I was pretty bummed until I realized that Sue had said, "Yeah, she has some remote control devices, and that's how she found out." Which, at least to me, makes just about no sense at all.

Then I woke up and thought I had a very strange imagination, and went to work.

20. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    The scary thing is, its true.