Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dumb Craigs Lists Ads, Pt 2, The Idiocy Continues Unabated...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Thor, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

And continued from the original Thread of 1000 posts of Craig's List Idiocy, the madness just keeps on coming.

2. Thanks, Thor.

Never knew it would be that popular :)

3. Yeah well, public stupidity never goes out of fashion.

4. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
  5. MonkeyBass

MonkeyBass

Mar 22, 2009
    Denver, CO
    I got it Zooberwerx... gotta copy and paste man!

Wassa name you band? You band too loud! (Towne Point Pub)
    Date: 2010-04-16, 4:16PM EDT
    Reply to: comm-dqw33-1695523556@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I'm glad nobody got hurt but that place needed a good burning down! Sorry Tai

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

6. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I'm sorry...didn't the link work?

Anywho, I don't wish an ill will on any working stiff ("never mess with a man's livelihood") but when I read the post title, I spit my coffee halfway across the room.

Riis

7. It's the thread rule (I was the original OP, not a thread nazi).

You need to copy and paste the title and body (usually as a quote) and provide a link for source.

That's because people sometimes realize how stupid they were and deleted, or they were flagged and it got deleted, or the Squier did sell for $500... OR it simply expired :)

Sometimes adding the photos with an IMG is also a good thing.

8. nvd

nvd

Nov 9, 2007
    Virginia Beach
    Haha, that's great, and I was supposed to play a gig there this Friday. Oh well, on to some other shady bar.

9. JohnMCA72

JohnMCA72

Feb 4, 2009
    The trouble with linking to Craigslist ads is that they often disappear soon, making the link useless.

10. MonkeyBass

MonkeyBass

Mar 22, 2009
    Denver, CO
    No worries. Just a friendly reminder. :D

11. That's why the redundancy is asked for - a link AND a copy/paste of the ad.

12. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Got the point.....X 4! CraigsList ads do have the half-life of some rare elements.

Riis

13. Papazita

Papazita

Jun 27, 2008
    Ohio
    http://columbus.craigslist.org/muc/1697436368.html

Thunderchiken Bassist Wanted (Columbus area)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2010-04-17, 9:14PM EDT
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Looking for articulate versitile bassist. Capable of an Uncle Fester look alike.
    Forklift operating skills helpful since we have no roadies. Live mixing & recording skills helpfull.
    Must be able to ad vocal harmony as well. We start touring in 3 months. Salary to
    comenserate with ability and overall contribution.

14. OMG!!! My high school (alleged) 'band' was called ThunderChicken!

15. pklima

pklima

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Hey, I can look like Uncle Fester!

Here's a gem...
    So, in short, you're looking for a girl who wants to hang out with a bitter, pretentious loser. If you find her sufficiently pretentious, you might even let her sing.

16. I swear, the very next ad that lists all the musical genres the ad's poster doesn't like is gonna get a response from me asking that person just what they do like, given that they've basically eliminated big chunks of the genres/styles/whatever currently around...

17. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Eastern Wisconsin
    Also, my school blocks Craigslist.

18. I wouldn't call this "dumb", kind of awesome really.

GOOD * JOB * PORTLAND * MUSICIANS (They're Taking Over)
    Date: 2010-04-20, 12:55PM PDT
    Reply to: comm-qme8p-1701683184@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Great Job Portland Musicians, Open Mics and Karaoke are now more popular than paying gigs Thanks to all of your wonderful support.

You have now managed to kill your own market and then you complain that you have no money and nobody comes to your shows or buys your CDs.

You all need to go to your community college and take a course in business and marketing then you would understand the concept of making $ vs providing services for free.

The club owners love you guys to death because you play and entertain their patrons for free. They're laughing AT you all the way to the bank.

I guess it's like Ron White said , "you can't fix stupid"

Now get out there and support those open mics cause they're here for the long run. I just hope for your sake the food stamp program is too.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 1701683184-0

http://images.craigslist.org/3k83md3o95Y05Q65T4a4kdce45d7eccdb10ca.jpg

19. darkle

darkle

Jan 4, 2010
    Central Cal
    i thought this was funny.

bass guitar for sale or trade - $80100 (fresno)

Date: 2010-04-20, 3:41PM PDT
    Reply to: sale-et3ak-1701972370@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

i have a black yamaha rbx170 bass for sale im asking 100 but will go for 80 i am willing to trade as well i would prefer cash but im willing to let it go for some pot and cash or just a bunch of weed seing as how its 420 and i have no bud neway hit me up email or txt donald or call 559 xxx-xxxx

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1701972370

20. Sad to say that he does have a point.

Aw man, you beat me to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.